Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Anyone here running LG World Challenge Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone here running LG World Challenge Wheels

Is anyone here running LG World Challenge wheels. I have a sunset orange vette I am thinking of putting a set on.

I have 3 options for finishes:
Full polished (clear coated)
2-tone competition gray with a polish lip (clear coated)
full polish ( no clear +$850 extra)
I don't like the look of chrome wheels with sunset orange. To much bling with the lighter color.

The deal is that the fully polished wheels are no longer being made by LG. They claim the 2 tone wheels are a much bigger seller so they are only producing those from here on out. All the wheels are clear coated so if you don't want clear coat they send the wheels out, have the clear stripped and the wheel re-polished. That's where the extra $850 comes in.

Has anyone gotten these wheels and what finish did you opt for? I think polished is the way to go but I'm undecided on whether to get the clear coat removed or not. Its just alot of money extra $850. That's more than $200 more per wheel.

I have a set of polished wheels on my monte carlo with no clear coat. When i polish them up real nice they things look like a mirror which is what i want. My factory clear coated polished vette wheels were cloudy when you looked at them. I stripped the clear and tried to polish them but the quality of the casting isn't that great. No matter how much you polish they are still cloudy.

I was curious how shiny the finish was on the clear coated wheels was. If its pretty good I think i'll save the $$ and leave it in the bank or put it to other mods. If its a quality wheel I can always remove the clear later on and polish them up. Removing clear is easy but if the castings suck they won't polish up to a mirror finish.

I have heard pretty good stuff about LG and the wheels themselves. I'm just stuck on what to choose. I know they have been out for a while so maybe you guys can help me out.

It is my understanding even the 2 tone wheels are clear coated so even the people with 2 tones wheels should be able to tell by looking at the polished lip what the finish looks like.

Last edited by LT1MCSS; 01-10-2010 at 06:45 PM.