Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Whats new in the CTS-V world?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats new in the CTS-V world?

Can anyone put an auto in a 1st gen V yet? Has anyone put a TR6060 in one yet? Any turbo or blower "kits" for them that you can buy without sending your car off?

Im thinking about picking up another one to build up better then the last.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Someone in Washington put an auto in one. Kenne Bell offers a blower now and a ls6 in Colorado has it installed.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Dont forget whipple is trying to get in on it too.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

And we've discovered the power of E85
Old 01-10-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

Im thinking.

Black V, all blacked out on CCW's again.

402, 4L80E, built rear (dont know the new options out now), big fuel system and either my fogger i already have or a big procharger and E85.

Are there more rear end options now?
Old 01-10-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by deedubb
And we've discovered the power of E85
lol do you you think we will finally make first contact?

Originally Posted by y2kfrc
Im thinking.

402, 4L80E, built rear (dont know the new options out now), big fuel system and either my fogger i already have or a big procharger and E85.

No new rear options as of yet but there are a few on caddy forums pursuing the issue. If you want all out power, the 402 F1A seem to be the way to go. Have fun building an E85 system that will support a big procharger. You could only stay in it for 30seconds before you need to fill up again lol
Old 01-10-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by raven154

No new rear options as of yet but there are a few on caddy forums pursuing the issue. If you want all out power, the 402 F1A seem to be the way to go. Have fun building an E85 system that will support a big procharger. You could only stay in it for 30seconds before you need to fill up again lol
Ive had a few E85 setups and ive loved it. My TT Viper right now runs on E85, with the right tune it wont consume to much more then pump gas if you keep it low in the RPM's. I think its a better alternative to C16 unless its an all out race car personally.

Im leaning towards nitrous again anyway, i love the dope
Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jerrad
Someone in Washington put an auto in one. Kenne Bell offers a blower now and a ls6 in Colorado has it installed.
Any pics of the V with a Kenne Bell on it?
Old 01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

With aliens?? I sure as hell hope so. They may have the secret to the flux capacitor and an indestructible special blend of metals for the rear diff
Old 01-10-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SkullV
Any pics of the V with a Kenne Bell on it?
I meant whipple. Sorry.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jerrad
I meant whipple. Sorry.
Dammit...you had me excited...
Old 01-10-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

They do make a Kenne Bell that will bolt to an LS6/LS2 but nothing V specific. That one would take a little fab work to make it work.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Ive had a few E85 setups and ive loved it. My TT Viper right now runs on E85, with the right tune it wont consume to much more then pump gas if you keep it low in the RPM's. I think its a better alternative to C16 unless its an all out race car personally.

Im leaning towards nitrous again anyway, i love the dope
I was just talking about the rather skimpy fuel tank on the V. Of course I daily drive mine so fuel range is a little more important for me than it would be for someone that just wanted a weekend toy.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

I was just talking about the rather skimpy fuel tank on the V. Of course I daily drive mine so fuel range is a little more important for me than it would be for someone that just wanted a weekend toy.
It would be a daily driver, actually for my girlfriend.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im thinking.

4l80e should be fun to fit in the V. thats a heavy duty trans that will also tack on some more weight to the already chunky curb weight of the V. That coupled with a good rear would prolly cost as much as a used V right now.

So for a built motor, auto trans, built rear, and fuel system, and procharger, you should have probably 35k in just parts. plus install and tuning id buy a c6z06.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
4l80e should be fun to fit in the V. thats a heavy duty trans that will also tack on some more weight to the already chunky curb weight of the V. That coupled with a good rear would prolly cost as much as a used V right now.

So for a built motor, auto trans, built rear, and fuel system, and procharger, you should have probably 35k in just parts. plus install and tuning id buy a c6z06.
ive had Z0's, ive already got a big fuel system, built 402, fogger, all the nitrous stuff you could ask for.

Yes i know fitting an 80E in a V wont be easy, theres a reason no one has done it yet, But i honestly dont think it'll be to bad. The only issue im wondering is the tuning part of it, and if it will have to be MVB or not.

So actually ill just be out for a set of coilovers, CCW's again (i bought my Viper from John as CCW so ill call him) and some labor. Already have the 80E and Converter sitting in the garage. Oh and a built diff, which isnt on the priority list right now because my stock diff in the last car help up to 800+ hp pretty well on BFG drag radials. And weight wont be a big issue, nitrous torque gets a heavy car moving pretty well

the V wouldnt be a race car, there is a TT Viper in the garage for that. Just a really fun daily for me and the women in the house
Old 01-11-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

ive had Z0's, ive already got a big fuel system, built 402, fogger, all the nitrous stuff you could ask for.

Yes i know fitting an 80E in a V wont be easy, theres a reason no one has done it yet, But i honestly dont think it'll be to bad. The only issue im wondering is the tuning part of it, and if it will have to be MVB or not.
Tuning shouldn't be a problem. Just have HPtuners Support segment the PCM program for the auto trans and do some creative wiring!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes i know fitting an 80E in a V wont be easy, theres a reason no one has done it yet, But i honestly dont think it'll be to bad.

Let us know how it goes, but my question is, why go built auto? there is NO WAY a stock rear will support launches with the type of power your gonna be putting down. Stock G8GT's are hurting diffs with half the power youll put down. I just dont see why people would spend the coin to turn the V into a race car, ther are much much better platforms to start with that will run better, be more dependable, and require much less work. plus your handicapping yourself from the get go with all the extra weight in the V and doing any kind of weight redcution would defeat the purpose of having a luxury performance car.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Addict

Buy the one off steel diff in the forsale section.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Yes i know fitting an 80E in a V wont be easy, theres a reason no one has done it yet, But i honestly dont think it'll be to bad.

Let us know how it goes, but my question is, why go built auto? there is NO WAY a stock rear will support launches with the type of power your gonna be putting down. Stock G8GT's are hurting diffs with half the power youll put down. I just dont see why people would spend the coin to turn the V into a race car, ther are much much better platforms to start with that will run better, be more dependable, and require much less work. plus your handicapping yourself from the get go with all the extra weight in the V and doing any kind of weight redcution would defeat the purpose of having a luxury performance car.

I'm not turning it into a race car, just a fun powerful daily. And my other car is a 6spd, i honestly do not like 6spds. Ive been an auto guy my entire life. And i don't really see how spending money on a car has anything to do with it, modifying a car to any extent is a waste of money.

Quick Reply: Whats new in the CTS-V world?