Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

another TPMS question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another TPMS question

I have search but never really found the answer to the question. I bought the V all sensors worked fine. When I was driving home, the passenger rear gave 3 dashes. Checked the pressure and everything was fine. Well I read the FAQ on how to reprogram but it will not honk after I let air out of the front left tire. I would wait a while for it. Does it need to be significant air flow out for it to register?

Well now when I left to go run an errand the TPMS warning light came on. It said that the right rear tire was at 24 psi. Went and checked with a manual gauge and it was right, it was low. Filled it up to 31psi. Turned the car off and now it is still giving me a warning light everytime I get in the car. I have checked all 4 tires and they are all between 30 and 32 psi. Is there something else I need to do to get the stupid light from turning on?
Old 01-10-2010, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the reprogram procedure again but this time air up all 4 tires to 38psi. Start at the front left and it should honk at you by the time you are near 30psi. If it honks - good news. Complete the process for the other 3 sensors per instructions.

If this doesn't work, it might be that the left front sensor is bad. You can try and "trick" the system but this time with all 4 tires again at 38 psi, start deflating the front right tire and see what happens. If the car honks at you keep going through the procedure on the right rear, then go left rear and finally right front ...

One other option is to go to Discount Tire where they'll have an instrument that quickly reprograms your sensors. They'll be able to determine if one or more are bad.

Good luck.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Launching!

ok I will try that. So discount tire has the tool to program the sensors if I need a new one? Is that only a dealer thing?
Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A dealer can do it, or you can do it yourself. The tool just makes it easier..

But more than likely, you just have a bad sensor with low voltage... Easy to replace and fix.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Launching!

yeah I was going to try again. I was leaning toward a bad sensor. I was asking if Discount Tire can do all that because I work late and would not be able to get to the dealer before they closed. I have a Discount Tire and Pep Boys right down the street which both stay open later than 5:30 or 6:00
Old 12-07-2011, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wait4me
A dealer can do it, or you can do it yourself. The tool just makes it easier..

But more than likely, you just have a bad sensor with low voltage... Easy to replace and fix.
Yup, I am bringing back an old thread.

My left rear sensor is reading (--). Does the sensor on the wheel require batteries?

Quick Reply: another TPMS question