Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conversion price points?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversion price points?

Looking for real world cost on the ls Swaps.

Ive been putting together info for my 04 mustang for sometime. the car already is in roller form and i have the aje k member...

If i wanted to do a cobra t-56 behind an lq4 or lq9 no a/c for now what kind of money in parts am i looking at spending?

Ive worked the numbers over and over but i know il mis things that you guys have already found you needed.

Just looking for some idea in cost( i know there is a bid swing from stock lq4 to build twin turbo) thanks

Ryan
Old 01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

well, with a new subframe & suspension, motor transmission, small parts and powdercoating..I think I'm around 7500
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

it adds up quick. things like, clutch, flywheel, what accessories you run, manifolds, exhaust, fuel setup, clutch hydralics, harness, misc bolts, belts, and hoses, etc. then take all of that and add about another $400 and you're probably in the ball park.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Do this for a cheap swap
Buy wrecked f-body w good engine/trans-strip and sell all salable parts, strip and sell all usable parts off transplant recipient.
I should be flush or even money ahead...just started progress on my swap....again....
The least expensive route is to get a complete running ls1/ls2 engine trans combo and sell the spare parts.
The other inexpensive option is to use a truck engine and wait for deals on intake and accessories bits-or modify the hood for the truck intake, also keep an eye in craigs list and on this site for used parts- and do a little research on the person your buying from first.
Good luck.