Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mac Mids.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mac Mids.......

well i just got some mac mids for my car for the time being since my motor wasnt built or any thing.....
well they where hard to put it my car had to put a dent in the header itself (on the driver side) for the bolts to line up on the block(1/8'' off) and for it to have enough room for the header to move around with the motor and now its rubbin my steerin colum! so i guess i'm goin to grind just a lil off of it so it can miss the header.....
passenger side header was fine ...fits perfect..

was wonderin if any1 tht had has had or has mac mids if they had tht much problem with them like i did?
my car is a 98 camaroZ28
Old 01-12-2010, 06:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Have em but bought the car that way sorry
Old 01-12-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have installed a couple sets, and never had any of those issues
Old 01-12-2010, 01:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The few I've seen on F-bodies were complete crap. Even the quality is horrible. There's so many companies out there these days selling some great quality stainless headers for much cheaper than before, why go with mac mids?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Launching!

yea they didnt look bad rele....and i didnt have the money for the long tubes and trust me if i had the money i would have got them 1000x over these now and i just chose the mids cuz i dont rele have any performance mods and stock with LT's vs mids i think is pro 2 hp difference not to sure on tht

but i guess its just my luck on havin the problems
Old 01-15-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

I had them in mine. I didn't have any of the problems you had. I did upgrade the collector size to 3" once they were in. It made a nice gain in power. Eventhough I liked them from what is out there now there is way too many other better choices for the money. Heck the obx eBay LT headers are stainless steel, fit great, and are top notch in quality yet they're half the price of the macs. That's why I've never sold my used set. It's not worth it.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hamrdown
I had them in mine. I didn't have any of the problems you had. I did upgrade the collector size to 3" once they were in. It made a nice gain in power. Eventhough I liked them from what is out there now there is way too many other better choices for the money. Heck the obx eBay LT headers are stainless steel, fit great, and are top notch in quality yet they're half the price of the macs. That's why I've never sold my used set. It's not worth it.

yea i know....but i didnt buy mine brand new bought them from some1 else and got mufflers with them too so it fit my buget pretty good to get them together but believe me is i knew all tht was gonna happen to me i would have got the LT's no dought
Old 01-17-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
The few I've seen on F-bodies were complete crap. Even the quality is horrible. There's so many companies out there these days selling some great quality stainless headers for much cheaper than before, why go with mac mids?
First time I ever heard anyone say macs are crap....they make similar power to lts and tuck up nicely.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
First time I ever heard anyone say macs are crap....they make similar power to lts and tuck up nicely.

i would agree the same but after all my porblems i had it changed my mind lol but IMO though
Old 01-17-2010, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

I didn't have the problems you did installing them but they weren't easy going in. Waaaayyyy back when I bought them, there weren't many choices like now, but never regretted buying them. One of the best bangs for the buck I did to the car. It was just a bolt on car at the time and the Macs gave me 2.5 - 3 tenths at the track.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

It really depends on what your doing and what you plan to do. At some point the long tubes will be better.

I have MAC's on my car right now and am very happy with them. I would totally disagree with anyone who says the macs are crap.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AFTICA
I didn't have the problems you did installing them but they weren't easy going in. Waaaayyyy back when I bought them, there weren't many choices like now, but never regretted buying them. One of the best bangs for the buck I did to the car. It was just a bolt on car at the time and the Macs gave me 2.5 - 3 tenths at the track.
thts pretty good at the track/....is tht wit just header swap or whole exhaust i havnt been able to take mine to the track yet pro be later on when i get to do tht
Old 01-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sofls1
It really depends on what your doing and what you plan to do. At some point the long tubes will be better.

I have MAC's on my car right now and am very happy with them. I would totally disagree with anyone who says the macs are crap.

i agree and i'm happy with mine now since its all fittin rite and runnin good there not crappy by no means just mine was crappiest fit tht i know of
Old 01-17-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

i agree, for lowered cars this is the way to go...they tuck in perfect and only thing wrong with them is u need to put a small dent on the driver side header to clear the linkage for the steering. ive installed a couple and gave great power to my rides. i would buy again
Old 01-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 59 camaro
i agree, for lowered cars this is the way to go...they tuck in perfect and only thing wrong with them is u need to put a small dent on the driver side header to clear the linkage for the steering. ive installed a couple and gave great power to my rides. i would buy again
i had to do the same...but y do they make headers for the cars and u have to put a dent in them for em to fit????y not make it where they fit rite in w/o puttin a dent???
Old 01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1freak33
thts pretty good at the track/....is tht wit just header swap or whole exhaust i havnt been able to take mine to the track yet pro be later on when i get to do tht
That was just with the header and ORY swap.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Regular

I run the Macs as well, made 401 with them with Torquer 2 and other mods in sig.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AFTICA
That was just with the header and ORY swap.
thts a pretty good dropp off the time wit the swap