Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

strange shocks question

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange shocks question

there is no markings on the **** and i was wondering what way you turn the **** to make the shock softer. also is there an easy way to raise the spring perch without taking the shock out and tear it apart?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Strange shocks are a great choice..

You will want to turn the **** clockwise to stiffen the dampening and counter clockwise to soften the dampening.

The best way to adjust the spring perch is by taking the weight off of the coilover to adjust them.

Just be sure to drive the car around after adjusting the perch to make the car settle to it's true ride height
Old 01-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Restricted User

ok thanks. i finally got them adjusted and i must say i love these shocks. much better than the kyb shocks i previously had! my car weighs about 3300 pounds and i went with the 300lb springs and they are pretty much perfect. excellent weight transfer.
i also rented a spring compressor and unbolted the shocks at the top and took some pressure off the spring and raised the car up. i made the mistake of setting the shocks 1 inch lower than the stock ones and it lowered the car almost 2.5 inchs
Old 01-26-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Glad to hear you got it worked out