Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil pressure sensor

Can you replace the oil pressure sensor with intake still on the car? And what kind of tool do I use so I don't break it if so? Also, will a ls6 o/p sensor work on my 99? My oil guage is all over the place and reads low sometimes when the car is full of oil. I'm looking to replace it.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove the manifold, it only takes about 30 minutes and will make life easier. Make sure when you do remove the manifold that you lift up , then pull out on the manifold. Reason being is that the vacuum booster line can break the oil sensor if pulled straight out. on the rear manifolt bolts, I pull then up slightly and zip tie them so that the bolts don't get stuck on the intake ports.

I think there are two different oil sensore for these cars, one is a 2 wire and the other is a 3 wire I think. Either way if the connector has the same number of wires on it then it will plug in and should work.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, you need to get a special socket(I got one for like $12 at the zone), or you an get a deep socket but I dont remeber the size. Thats a good place to start but if its not the sender it might be your pump.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:09 AM
TECH Regular

pull the intake man i can pull mine in like 1-15 min soooooo much easier.the socket is cheap and worth the money

Quick Reply: oil pressure sensor