Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Car Wont start and Alarm is beeping Fast!

Old 12-20-2003, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wont start and Alarm is beeping Fast!

For the last couple of nights eveytime i let my car sit and get cold for a couple of hours then I go to start it i get nothin.... its just like the battery is dead.... theres no clicking from the starter its just DEAD... well when i turn the key back to remove it the alarm light goes nutz and starts beeping really fast (the alarm does not go off nor is it loud at all). Also when i do get the car to start all the gauges reset like 2 twice and my trip meter is also reset.

Any clue whats causing this?? The gauge for my battery shows a good charge and when i do start the car up theres no hesitation at all..... its like nothin was wrong.

Note: When the car does not start and the alarm light blinks.... i stil can turn my head lights on no problem.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:43 AM
Staging Lane

there is no hope...the car will need to be destroyed...lol actually i had the same exact problem almost a month ago...all i did (after taking about 2 days to try and figure it all out) was take out my battery and scrape the terminals up a little bit...they looked perfectly clean from the outside, but once i took them off there was corrosion there which kept them from making a clean connection...as for the guages resetting, mine have been doin that for a while and it really pisses me off, so i hope someone can answer that for us...
Old 12-21-2003, 03:00 AM
TECH Resident

Hey thanks i will do that tomorrow after i get off work.......... i hope that fixes my problem.

Search this Thread