Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help

My car will beat you to death riding in it. If you hit a bump or hole in the raod it pulls Really hard to that side. I know sports cars are going to ride rough but Im wanting to smooth this ride out as much as possible. I think my car probably has same stock setup it came with. It is a 99 SS you have any recommendations on shocks or bushings or anything that can help the ride out?
Thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I would recommend replacing the OEM rubber bushings with a poly replacement bushing. But really that is only going to help you for so long. What you will need to make sure that the bushings will last is to be able to grease them frequently. Below is a link to show you what I mean. The kits below is our stock replacement kit it not only will save you on the time replacing the bushings. But you are upgrading to a better quality control arm and pan hard rod that performs. We offer them for both stock ride height and lowered vehicles.

Lowered Vehicles
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...8s3fqs1ldidi91

Stock Ride Height
http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...8s3fqs1ldidi91

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 01-15-2010, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

do you think shocks would help or anything like that?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 AM
FormerVendor

Oh Yeah for sure! Anytime you upgrade from the DeCarbons. You will notice a different handling and ride quality.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

do you have these also? can you send me a link.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:57 PM
FormerVendor

The only aftermarket style shock coil over set ups we carry is QA1. If you are looking to drag race then they are perfect. If you are looking for a good handling shock combo. I would highly suggest getting in touch with Sam Strano. He will be more than glad to help. If you have any other ?s feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 01-15-2010, 02:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Shocks are the issue.... I've got a number of available options. As shocks wear the ride gets worse and worse, with ever increasing impact harshness.

The thing is, I can't recommend urethane bushings, as they are harder and stiffer than rubber. If you were to change, either new rubber (which I also carry) or components with the UMI Roto-joint (have those too) because they allows the arms to move and rotate freely without the bind and stiction that comes along with urethane bushings in most locations (some places they are fine, but those places don't effect ride).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Im not going to be drag racing the car this is for every day driving. I do drive hard and a occasional street race but my really only concern is for comfort. what shocks and or setup do you recommend? Also if you have some can you please send me some links.
Thanks for both of your help this far.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

The shocks I have are found here: http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=20&ModelID=7
Koni's are the best shocks, but might be more sporting than you want. Bilstein's are likely the best option. SLP's are a little less than HD's, and are expected to be in stock around 2/10 (currently out of stock). AGX's are an option and one you might consider as a drag racer as you can adjust the shocks to help with weight transfer. Those are listed as well. And we have Tokico too on the least expensive end---and they are the cheapest shocks I'd actually be ok recommending. Lesser KYB's, Gabriel's, Monroe's.... just aren't very good.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: need some help