General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Please automotive masters I need your help"

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Please automotive masters I need your help"

I have a 94 Nissan sentra 1.6 litre L model. My.clutch pedal is sticking. I have to pull it up with my foot or keep pumping the clutch pedal.. My friend who is a tech says it's the clutch. He says my car doesn't have a clutch slave cylinder.. Another says that's impossible. All cars have a slave cylinder. I can't spot the clutch slave cylinder to try to bleed it to see if that does the job. Does my car even have a slave cylinder? Could it be as simple as a clutch cable? Where do I start? Please anyone help me.. Thanks.
Mark S,
Old 01-15-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like you may need a new clutch cable, which is IIRC what this car uses. There is no master cylinder, only a cable running from the pedal to the throwout arm.

Is the clutch pedal hard to depress?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:41 PM

Thumbs up

The clutch pedal is soft.. It just stays on the ground.. Then I pull it up with my foot and I have to keep pumping it to get it to stop. It eventually goes back to the ground.. I sprayed some silicone sprat into the clutch cable mechanism and it gave me some
reliefs.. But back to square one it is.. You can directly ail me at msoler29@yahoo.com
I really do appreciate you responding to my post. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:45 PM

Default It's sticking the clutch pedal

Soon as I press the clutch pedal down it sticks then comes right back up slowly. I have to pump it numerous times to get it to get better. It gies back to sticking though.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like the slave it should have one...if in doubt google it or call autozone and check the price on that part.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:23 PM

I went to advance they said they don't carry it.. I hear it has a cable some say it doesn't have a slave cylinder I'm not sure.. I looked on the fire wall and can't find a slave clutch cylinder anywhere on the car..
Old 01-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Only cars with a hydraulic clutch have a slave cylinder. If it is hyd then you will have a clutch master cylinder near the brake master cyl. Could be a manual clutch that uses a cable. If it uses a cable, it could be that the friction disc is worn out. GL
Old 01-18-2010, 04:40 PM

Default Friction disc

sir, what is a friction disc??
Originally Posted by nascarnut08
Only cars with a hydraulic clutch have a slave cylinder. If it is hyd then you will have a clutch master cylinder near the brake master cyl. Could be a manual clutch that uses a cable. If it uses a cable, it could be that the friction disc is worn out. GL
Old 01-19-2010, 05:45 AM
TECH Addict

A friction disc is the friction element in a clutch assembly, the clutch equivalent of brake pads.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by fleetmgr
A friction disc is the friction element in a clutch assembly, the clutch equivalent of brake pads.

Thanks for the info.