Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

thinking of getting a V

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of getting a V

any info will help what do i need to look for? pro/cons?

i was looking at just a cts but for the price im not gonna pass on the V
Old 01-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Teching In

I just bought a V about two weeks ago and I love it, ride quality is great, handling is great, interior design is on key, I highly recommend them.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

Had mine for a year a a half. Great car. The rear is the drivetrain weak point and the bushings are known to go bad but other than that its a great car. Solid power through all gears. Comfortable seats
Old 01-23-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

The shifter is long and clunky, the rear can blow at any moment, the buttons peal on the radio, the rear sail panels will break the first time you get the car over 100mph with the windows down, the trunk hydraulics have been known to fail and radiators seems to always slow leak themselves till they finally won't hold fluid.

With all that said, I love my 05 V to death. I think its a great daily driver. Its a bit of a gas hog in city traffic but if you do any sort of miles on the highway, seeing mid to high 20s on a tuned V isn't abnormal. Heck, I get about that and I have a blower on mine.

You'll love the car, hate the rear end and fall in-love with the car all over again once you do a short shifter and flywheel!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DoctorNick
The shifter is long and clunky, the rear can blow at any moment, the buttons peal on the radio, the rear sail panels will break the first time you get the car over 100mph with the windows down, the trunk hydraulics have been known to fail and radiators seems to always slow leak themselves till they finally won't hold fluid.

With all that said, I love my 05 V to death. I think its a great daily driver. Its a bit of a gas hog in city traffic but if you do any sort of miles on the highway, seeing mid to high 20s on a tuned V isn't abnormal. Heck, I get about that and I have a blower on mine.

You'll love the car, hate the rear end and fall in-love with the car all over again once you do a short shifter and flywheel!
Well... finally someone thats honest. lol

These cars arent perfect and they do have some flaws but overall, they dont have any MAJOR issues that cant be fixed. Im in the market for one myself and ill be buying very soon. Just looking for the "right" one at the "right" price and ill be in.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

I love mine! I've never had a problem with my rear end............ wait, what? lol

Quick Reply: thinking of getting a V