Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

long tube header question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long tube header question

ok this is a two part question-got a 98ss that wants a set of long tubes- here are my questions- will a set of GTO or CTS-V style headers(where they both exit symetricall on each side as opposed to the gay kick out on the drivers side on4-gen f-bodys) fit, dont care about rear exit-car has side exit right now but want symetry . Second part which header is the best tucking header with out being cheap in quality i.e. Mac BBk, Hooker and so on, looking to use either Kooks, QTP, Stainless Works, or American racing. Any help would be great
Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

first of all, if GTO headers fit F-bodies, and visa-versa, there wouldnt be 2 different headers, just LS1 headers. second of all, with headers, the ole adage holds true, "you get what you pay for"
Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Teching In

aparently you didnt understand my question
Old 01-17-2010, 05:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i jus got finished installing LPP headers, went in no problems... 450$ stainless steel

to answer your first question, or try to, the headers are different between cars for more than jus engines obviously.... they have to clear the motor mounts and stuff... sorry if i'm saying things you already know