Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gear change with LS1 Edit

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear change with LS1 Edit

I just got a new 9 inch put in. I had 3.42 gears stock in the M6 and now have 4.11's. I was wondering before I get the gear ratio adjusted, what is the speed difference. For instance If it reads 70 am I going actually faster or slower since the PCM is programmed for 3.42's. If you know what the exact MPH difference is also would be great.

Next I wanted to know is there a cheaper way to getting gear change done rather than a local shop charging 150 bucks just for a gear change with ls1 edit?
Old 12-21-2003, 02:27 AM
etc

Originally Posted by sununix69
I just got a new 9 inch put in. I had 3.42 gears stock in the M6 and now have 4.11's. I was wondering before I get the gear ratio adjusted, what is the speed difference. For instance If it reads 70 am I going actually faster or slower since the PCM is programmed for 3.42's. If you know what the exact MPH difference is also would be great.

Next I wanted to know is there a cheaper way to getting gear change done rather than a local shop charging 150 bucks just for a gear change with ls1 edit?
since you reduced your rear gear ratio you are going slower than your speedo says. if i can remember the site w/ a gear calc. i'll post it. buy a hppIII or ls1-edit and do it yourself, initially you won't save money but you'll have the ability to modify other things like shift points. at least you'll have another toy to play with, not just have your vehicle adjusted.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you are as serious as putting in a ford 9", go get EDIT unless you plan on changing to a different fuel management system. you will gain many other benefits from having it. a scan tool of some sort (EASE, ATAP, etc.) would top off the package perfectly.