Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What setup for me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What setup for me?

Im looking into getting a new shock/spring setup. Something simple but effective. Not looking for koni's or anything im going to have to adjust. Just looking for something that will give my the low stance but a comfortable ride. I hardly ever go to the track but i want something that will help if thats possible. Price isnt really an issue at this point but trying to keep it low. One setup i had in mind was the bielstien shocks with pro-kit. I already have an adjustable panhard bar as well. Any info, advice, pictures, or preferences would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Banned Village Idiot LS1BLKSS

the bielstien shocks with pro-kit will be the best kit for you, if you don't want the adjustable koni's
Old 01-18-2010, 01:15 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

call Sam Strano.
do a search. same question gets asked twice a day and theres a TON of info already here. don't expect people to answer the same question over and over. I have koni/strano setup and couldn't be happier. search will give you more details.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:13 AM
Teching In

I'm thinking about Sam's Koni strano spring set up. Realistically, how often do you guys with that set up change the shock settings?
Old 01-23-2010, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Man, you sound just like me a few month's ago. I posted pretty much the samething titled "Budget Setups". My problem was solved in one night with a few emails to Sam. He set me up with SLP Bilstiens and Strano Springs. I just installed them today and it made a HUGE difference. It is like a brand new car. The ride quality is amazing and I took it to the track today and it performed GREAT there too. So basically call or email Sam. He will hook you up!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Like mentioned above give Sam a call to help you with the Spings and Konis. But keep in mind anytime you lower a vehicle you will need to go with a adjustable pan hard bar to allow you to recenter the rear back under the car. And the great thing about it is Sam also carries our products so its a one stop shop! Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...0f8c58k5n978i2

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks
Brad
Old 01-26-2010, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BillS24
I'm thinking about Sam's Koni strano spring set up. Realistically, how often do you guys with that set up change the shock settings?
for the majority of people that buy adjustable shocks, the frequency with which you adjust them is more or less a moot point. most people (myself included) buy adjustable shocks so you can custom-tailor them to EXACTLY the type of ride you want. with non-adjustable shocks, you're stuck with what you buy, regardless of whether you like the ride or not. to make a change, you have to go through the trouble & expense of buying different shocks and installing them. with adjustables, you simply.....adjust them.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:30 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
for the majority of people that buy adjustable shocks, the frequency with which you adjust them is more or less a moot point. most people (myself included) buy adjustable shocks so you can custom-tailor them to EXACTLY the type of ride you want. with non-adjustable shocks, you're stuck with what you buy, regardless of whether you like the ride or not. to make a change, you have to go through the trouble & expense of buying different shocks and installing them. with adjustables, you simply.....adjust them.
agreed.
its not about constantly adjusting them, its about playing with the settings, feeling the difference and finding the setting this is right for YOU. Then leave it there.
Some people may have daily driving settings and "track" settings also, so they have best of both worlds available to them.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Regardless of anything else, my springs are better than Eibach's. I love my Koni's and clearly those that have them do as well, but do not assume that you have to have Koni's to run Strano Springs. I often team they up with SLP Bilstein's, some use AGX's or even Tokico's. Like anything the better the shock the better the result. But Bilstein's are a very workable second choice to Koni. But folks must understand that the damping on a Bilstein was never originally intended for springs like mine (not just mine), but for SLP's softer and less low springs. And then they are a little soft for my tastes.

FWIW, I also sell the complete SLP Bilstein/Eibach kit as well if you want more options. And yes, I sell regular Eibach springs as well if you end up deciding on those.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: What setup for me?