paging NOGO

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paging NOGO

hey whats up
you tuned my 2002 z28 at eastside a few weeks ago
ive drove it twice since then (weather&time) and each time i started it the service engine light comes on
i checked it with my predator and it came up with absolute manifold pressure something or other and malfunction of the O2 sensor

any idea what causes this? i cleared them and took it for a short drive
and runs fine is it gonna hurt driving it with this code popping up? let me know thanks Dan
Old 12-21-2003, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

If you are throwing codes, then you are probably throwing the following (which don't set for every setup)

P0106: This is set on startup by monster cams. The VE table tuning for start-up should have curred the problem, but sometimes the code will occasionally set.

O2 Heater Codes and Possible Insufficient Switching. If you have a LARGE exhaust system, and headers etc... then you may start to throw these codes. The heater codes are common during the winter, and the O2 insufficient switching can be cause by the big exhaust, LT, and cam combination.

None of the codes effect performance, and the car is still fine to drive with them on. We usually leave them on for most setups because it makes troubleshooting difficult if something does go wrong later down the road.

Bring the car back whenever you get some time and we will flash the codes out of yoru system. It takes about 5 minutes.

Sorry for the inconvienence,
Kevin

P.S. You will usually have better luck giving me a call, or writing me an email. I don't always check the forums.