2009 Z06 with 2 miles ( 19,650.00 )

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Z06 with 2 miles ( 19,650.00 )

I found this car listed at a dealorship for this price ( brand new ). Can i force them to sell it to me ?? Cash in hand baby . If they wont sell it to me for the advertised price what can i do. I have the VIN and everything.

Car price was just changed to 65K .... story over. Damn ... back to the pinto .. j/k

Last edited by Hawk170; 01-20-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:45 PM
11 Second Club

good luck.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hawk170
I found this car listed at a dealorship for this price ( brand new ). Can i force them to sell it to me ?? Cash in hand baby . If they wont sell it to me for the advertised price what can i do. I have the VIN and everything. Its a long shot... but maybe not.
when i bought my GTO, they had it priced at 18k due to a dealer mix up, walked out with everything for 26, they wanted 26 for the car to start out.

i had the vin, and add there with me in my phone and a printed version.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Launching!

They have to sell it to you for the advertised price... I think it was sdpc that listed the
ls7 for sale on their website for 1700$ instead of 17000$ back when they were fairly new... A guy came across them and bought several, they had to eat it and the guy that listed them lost his job.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

No they don't. Read the small print. There is always a disclaimer about printed mistakes. That might work at Walmart, but not for a high ticket item. Good luck, hope it works for you.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Launching!

they dont HAVE to sell it to you. Every company has the right to refuse a person's business. Someone goofed up, tell them about it. Karma will repay you in return. Id rather have good karma heading my way instead of trying to cheat someone out of money, even if it was advertised too cheap on accident or not. That's my $0.02
Old 01-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Teching In

This was listed as 19,675 and the MSRP listed at 75,920.00 . There is no fine print. And dont preach to me about Karma when you are dealing with a car dealorship !! They screw people for a living.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They don't HAVE to do anything. They reserve the right the refuse service to anybody, as does any retail business. Ask for a deal when they correct the price, and hope they give it to you for a steal, but that $19K won't happen.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imagine they would rather take the bad rap over eating 50 grand.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Teching In

I would be satisfied with a good deal ( just not from this dealer). Its just ironic that this is the same dealorship that sold a car to my grandmother last year for 5,000 over the price on the sticker ( a tahoe ). They pulled a fast one in financing by adding money to the purchase price after the price was agreed on with the sales manager and extending the term another year. I was on a buisness trip in mexico and found the mistake when i got home. The manager basically told us to F-off. Would be nice to get them back. You guys are right, what goes around comes around.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hawk170
I would be satisfied with a good deal ( just not from this dealer). Its just ironic that this is the same dealorship that sold a car to my grandmother last year for 5,000 over the price on the sticker ( a tahoe ). They pulled a fast one in financing by adding money to the purchase price after the price was agreed on with the sales manager and extending the term another year. I was on a buisness trip in mexico and found the mistake when i got home. The manager basically told us to F-off. Would be nice to get them back. You guys are right, what goes around comes around.
So why dont you just call them and ask instead of talking to us. Plus why would you want to buy another car from them anyway, after they screwed over your G-mother. Plus I'm sure they'll add another $50,000 after you sign the papers..
Old 01-20-2010, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

They most definitely do NOT have to sell at that price.......
Old 01-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Launching!

I agree SOME dealerships are shadey, but being as that I and my brother own a small car lot, I can tell you that there is not a ton of mark up on cars. Maybe on buy here pay here cars, as those car sales have aprox 80% repo rate.

I just finish reading in the "Used Car News" news paper (www.usedcarnews.com), and right of the front page the main artical is about Identy theives stealing dealership info and posting bogus "sale prices" on false websites. (stealing the dealerships IP addresses) They said that in that particular case, the theives created a false website with a dealers inventory posted on it (false site had all the dealer's info on it) and creating a payment way for the "customers" to pay. They had over 100 cars listed for less than half of the average retail price.

Fuss about Karma all you want, a dealer is just another person trying to make a living no different than ANY of the venders on this site. They have kids and families to support ontop of their buisness obligations.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sabastian458
I agree SOME dealerships are shadey, but being as that I and my brother own a small car lot, I can tell you that there is not a ton of mark up on cars. Maybe on buy here pay here cars, as those car sales have aprox 80% repo rate.

I just finish reading in the "Used Car News" news paper (www.usedcarnews.com), and right of the front page the main artical is about Identy theives stealing dealership info and posting bogus "sale prices" on false websites. (stealing the dealerships IP addresses) They said that in that particular case, the theives created a false website with a dealers inventory posted on it (false site had all the dealer's info on it) and creating a payment way for the "customers" to pay. They had over 100 cars listed for less than half of the average retail price.

Fuss about Karma all you want, a dealer is just another person trying to make a living no different than ANY of the venders on this site. They have kids and families to support ontop of their buisness obligations.

Thats crazy....( about the identity theives) This car was listed with the vin number of the car and the dealership knew about it. They still havent taken it down. Just thought it was an interesting topic that people come across once in a while.

If you remember there was a big scam in the 90's where car dealers would list cars for 1,000's off the price and never actually had any in stock. In the car buisiness its all about getting the most money you can out of the customer and in this case its turned the other way around. You and your brother may not be shady but i gurantee that 90% of the people you talk to have had bad experiances.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Buy 2 of them and I will give you $30k for the 2nd one.