Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Help with Dash/console lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Dash/console lights

I have a 2002 Camaro SS and I have a huge problem here, it happened yesterday i noticed that my dashboard lights and console lights weren't on when i had my headlights turned on. the gauges work fine and so does the radio.
I can only turn on my headlights, but not the parking lights or foglights. i think i know what caused the problem, i had a crack in my foglight and i guess water got in there and shorted something out. i know that all the dash/console lights work because whenever i set my alarm or lock the doors, i see all the dash/console lights flash.
i know with these cars if you leave your foglights switched on and set the alarm, the foglights would flash. whenever i do that, it shorts out and burns out the pwr accsry 15amp fuse. if i leave the foglights off, it works fine.
so far i changed that 15amp fuse and got my radio working and gauges and i also tried changing out the foglamp relay today and that didn't fix the problem. what else should i check, would could cause this problem? i've disconnected my foglamp switch so i don't accidentally blow out that fuse again. btw these foglamps are aftermarket. thanks for any help
Old 01-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Teching In

well that was fast..i knew i checked every fuse yesterday, but somehow i missed the TAIL LPS 20amp fuse, it was blown too. problem fixed
Old 01-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96TransAmM6
make sure your dimmer switch isnt all the way down i have seen that happen a million times lol. replace the fog light bulbs with new ones and go from there
lol that was the first thing i checked yesterday, but thanks
Old 01-22-2010, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup, had the same problem last week, tail lamp fuse and dash fused needed to be replaced, scared me for a minute. fuggin wiring