Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Car now pulls to the left after suspension work???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car now pulls to the left after suspension work???

What did i do wrong?

Car had QA'1s on it when i got it and i recently did the following. It never pulled before hand and now i have to keep slight pressure on it to keep it from pulling left while driving. I am leaning towards something i did while doing the front swaybar install but i dont know how i could have really messed with anything to be honest.

Spohn STB
BMR 35/22mm sway bars front/back - poly mounts
BMR adjustable LCA's - poly mounts
Hotchkis double adj panhard rod - poly mounts
UMI weld in SFC's(not installed as of yet)

I also have some strano springs waiting on my checkbook to afford some Koni's to match, however i just did a heads/cam/intake/clutch/Tick Master/And a nice built T56 upgrade so money is tight.

What could i have done and what should i check? Or should i just get it aligned again? I am just worried that i did something wrong and an alignment would just mask an issue.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

The rear adjustable LCA's are you sure you have both rear wheels in the same location?
Old 01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Did you make sure the suspension was loaded when you tightened everything down! And the rear is centered. If not its possible that it might be bushing bind.
Hope that helps
Brad
Old 01-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Just a thought...you might check that your rear end is centered after the PHB also...
Old 01-21-2010, 11:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, as others have stated check your lca's and make sure they are torqued down correctly and they are the same length. Also check you air pressure in the tires. If you need any further assistance please give me a call here at the office.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Did you make sure the suspension was loaded when you tightened everything down! And the rear is centered. If not its possible that it might be bushing bind.
Hope that helps
Brad

I had a load on everything but the front swaybar. The rear is perfectly centered, well best i can measure anyway. Hung a string with a washer from the inside of the fender-well and measured distance to the edge of the rim.

I did the front sway bar first and before i bought some ramps to put the car on. I guess i could go grab some more Moog rod ends and do that with a load on the front. I noticed while messing with my QA1's yesterday that the front sway bar didnt have a lot of pressure on the bushings like it did when i first installed it.

Guess i should have mentioned that, but i am writing from my phone not doing a great job at it apparently

Thanks for the ideas to check.

On a positive note: Even with the crappy QA1's the car feels 100x better now. Honestly the Panhard rod felt like the first time i put SFC's on my LT1, i think it was one of the best upgrades followed by the BMR swaybars.

Can't wait to put on my UMI chromoly SFC's they are so pretty in their gloss black i dont want to mess them up though :p