Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hoses on valve covers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hoses on valve covers?

i have a 2001 f-body ls1 motor and would like to get a set of the gm performance parts valvecovers. the ones that have chevrolet cncd on them. question is they dont have provisions for the hoses my stock valve covers have. do i need the hoses. i was told they were just for venting being it has the ls6 manifold and pcv system. thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

if you remove the ports on the valve covers...you'll need to plug the PCV system and run a breather.

get ready for some oil mist all over the engine bay
Old 01-22-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

i dont want to plug the ports on the old valve covers i want new ones and they dont have any ports. can i drill the new ones and insert a barb fitting in each one and run the lines to a catch can without having it run through the intake
Old 01-22-2010, 06:40 AM
TECH Junkie

plugging the ports.....valve covers without any ports....same end result.

sure you could drill the new covers, but i'm not sure a bare fitting would work so well. would be wide open to suck oil up in it. granted running it through a catch can could solve that...as long as you're diligant about draining it i guess its fine.

you still have to have the lines run to the intake though...you need vacuum somehow.

do some searching, there are plenty of threads about different ways to set up PCV systems.

but i think the easiest way if you're getting valve covers with no ports is to just plug the air outlet on the TB, and the vacuum port on the manifold. then run a breather on the oil fill cap.