New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power loss

Old 01-22-2010, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Power loss

Hey everyone, I've owned my car for a few months now and I've tried everything to get rid of this pesky problem. I'm having power loss at 2400 rpm. Sometimes it happens at 1900. It's with partial throttle. WOT seems fine. I've cleaned the MAF, put a paper filter in in place of the K and N, and finally I took it to a shop that works on alotta LS1 and LT1 cars. He said the scanner showed nothing, but he could definitely tell it when he was driving it. He said that the fuel pressure drops at that rpm level but he's not sure why. The fuel filter was very clogged. He said he didn't even know how it was running. Oops. He put a new one in and some injector cleaner but the problem remains. He said he wants me to put another deal of injector cleaner in on the next tank. Does anybody have any suggestions 4 anything else it might be? For him, he said if that doesn't work I should probably get the injectors cleaned. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cole
Old 01-22-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Injectors / plugs would be where I look next.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:27 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,462 Likes on 1,054 Posts

Sounds like either the fuel pump or injectors are having a hard time.

If he's showing a fuel pressure drop, I'd suspect the pump before the injectors. If pressure is good, but you're seeing an overly lean A/F ratio via the LTFTs and the O2 sensor readings, then I'd lean more towards injectors.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

OK thanks. I didn't ask if he checked the fuel pump or anything. We'll see if this injector cleaner clears up the problem. I've got my fingers crossed.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I know its been awhile and this post may be dead, but what ever was the problem. Im having similiar problems with my car. Just checking if you found the solution. Thanks
Old 03-02-2010, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

No solution found. The computer shows absolutely no problems. They replaced the throttle position sensor at the shop, but it's still there.

Search this Thread