Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Home made GMMG cat back?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home made GMMG cat back?

Please excuse me if this has been ask already, just kick me!
Anyway I also love the GMMG chambered exhaust, but the price! Not going to happen.
Could not a good muffler man make this cat back? It doe's not look that hard.
3 inch pipe coming off the Y-pipe over the rear split into to chamber muffler's, and out the back?
Am I missing somthing? You can buy the chambered mufflers all day long?
Any muffler installers out there?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you cannot buy chambered mufflers like GMMG has. sweet thunder, powersticks and classic chambered are all different than GMMGs. sweet thunders are baffled inside and powersticks/classic chambered are like dynomax bullets. GMMG mufflers are like glasspacks
Old 01-23-2010, 12:27 AM
12 Second Club

Wondering the same thing myself, can't justify the cost of it. I'd be willing to try it with powersticks though.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have an I-pipe for sell with a powerstick bullet installed. If anyone is interested
Old 01-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
I have an I-pipe for sell with a powerstick bullet installed. If anyone is interested
How much are you asking? I've been thinking about doing that for awhile now. Is it too loud?
Old 02-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
you cannot buy chambered mufflers like GMMG has. sweet thunder, powersticks and classic chambered are all different than GMMGs. sweet thunders are baffled inside and powersticks/classic chambered are like dynomax bullets. GMMG mufflers are like glasspacks
Wrong - my Powersticks are totally different than Dynomax bullets, & they outflow the GMMG chambered sections by a longshot. I would expect the flowpath inside the GMMG chambered sections to be 1-7/8". Look at the outer diameter of the mufflers & the depth of the crimps. Small flowpath = poor flow.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Powerstick
Wrong - my Powersticks are totally different than Dynomax bullets, & they outflow the GMMG chambered sections by a longshot. I would expect the flowpath inside the GMMG chambered sections to be 1-7/8". Look at the outer diameter of the mufflers & the depth of the crimps. Small flowpath = poor flow.
I had one of your powerstick mufflers in my I-pipe once but what I think is I love the tone and sound of the GMMG. I now have Duals into my GMMG CB and couldn't be more happier. Not downing you. If someone actually done this kit with your mufflers and got the sound clips and pictures of the setup it will help you out but building a system or putting more money in the system they have they are not wanting to do or doing. Or if you get pictures and video's of that setup and how it sound and the tone of it may encourage people to get yours but since you don't have that we can debate all day. IMO

Quick Reply: Home made GMMG cat back?