Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Possible fix to a commom problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Possible fix to a commom problem?

After installing new springs (eibach-pro) about a year ago, I noticed that the passenger side was sitting about 1/2-1'' lower than the driver side. I've read this is a common problem with our cars and figured I would give it some time to see if it seddled out on its own. Well, it's been a year and it's still unlevel. I know it's not the spring or the isolator. After a while of head scratching, I think I have came up with a solution. I've yet to look into it, but would it be possible to find a rubber peice, similar to a round rubber gasket, that is the same diameter as the isolator and glue/attatch it to the top of the isolator. It would probably work best to score each surface before applying a strong glue. Pressure between the two would be constant unless you put the car on a lift, so you shouldn't have to worry about it moving. Thickness would depend on the about needed to make it level to the other side. Personally I wouldn't want to do more than about a 3/4'' peice.

Thoughts/Ideas???
Old 01-23-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wouldn't it be easier to shave off a 1/4" of one side as opposed to adding a 1/4"?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

That would be one way to do it. But for me, the drivers side is the correct hight that I want it at. the Passenger side rubs the inner fender on hard cornering. I have also rolled the fenders.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

If you wanna go that route why dont you just put a spring spacer?
Old 01-23-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or wrap a coil in heater hose without removing the isolator. This would give you a little height.