Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Quick ? for u guys with HID's in ur T/A's

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick ? for u guys with HID's in ur T/A's

Ok here is what I got.......I got the Bosch Housings that take the H4 bulbs, I bought the H4 HID kits for both my low and high beams, and I also did the fogs with the 880 Hid kit......Everything installed great, works great and they actually have a very nice cutoff with no glare, probably because the H4's have a cutoff mounted to the bottom of the bulb.

My question is, when I turn on the lights they start out dim and then get brighter and brighter till they are fully lit within maybe 10sec or less. All the lights do it, fogs + when I hit the high beams on. Is this normal? Is there a way to fix it to where they are at full power when I first turn them on???

And no I'm not running any relays. If you guys could help me out I would greatly appreciate it
Old 01-24-2010, 03:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope,Thats just what H.I.D.S do. Heck even some factory cars with hids do this. Its nothing wrong with your lights. But do upload some pics! I wanna see em
Old 01-24-2010, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
Nope,Thats just what H.I.D.S do. Heck even some factory cars with hids do this. Its nothing wrong with your lights. But do upload some pics! I wanna see em
yes........ my hid's did the same when i had them on my camaro
Old 01-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Launching!

yes all hid due this. I have them in my 94 sonoma and they do this. As stated even OEM xenon cars do this. There is nothing you can do.

if you look at the bulb the bulb has no filament. it is a gas. that ignitor, ignites the gas, when the gas gets hot thats when it produces the most light. it does take aobut 10/15 seconds for them to get to operating temp.