Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Gforce Axles Results **VIDEO**

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gforce Axles Results **VIDEO**

Here is video of my 2007 CTS-V with both driver and passenger Gforce axles. As the video shows, no hop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpKFWvowfnU
Old 01-24-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

Nice!
What tires are you running?
Old 01-24-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GulfM3
Nice!
What tires are you running?
Dunlop SP Sport 01 DSST. 275/35 18 rear and 245/40 18 front. I love them, they have great grip and stick really well. With no spare tire I like having runflats.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whisler151
Dunlop SP Sport 01 DSST. 275/35 18 rear and 245/40 18 front. I love them, they have great grip and stick really well. With no spare tire I like having runflats.
Are your wheels widend or is that on the stock rim width?

Even with axles I think Id still be to chicken to do a 1st to 2nd shift like that since my "incident"
Old 01-24-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
Are your wheels widend or is that on the stock rim width?

Even with axles I think Id still be to chicken to do a 1st to 2nd shift like that since my "incident"
Stock 8.5" wheels. My dealership said it wasn't an issue. If I was an avid road racer I would have had second thoughts.

I was a bit worried on banging gears but with the new axles there is no hop to blow the diff. I just had my diff inspected by the dealership and they say its in great shape.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wonder how one axle would do?
Old 01-24-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
wonder how one axle would do?
One axle works too. Gforce sells the thinner driver side to LS2 Vs and the thicker passenger side to the LS6 Vs. You can do both to have stronger axles and it fixes the hop whether you are LS2 or LS6.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

One axle works too. Gforce sells the thinner driver side to LS2 Vs and the thicker passenger side to the LS6 Vs. You can do both to have stronger axles and it fixes the hop whether you are LS2 or LS6.
Are there any confirmed results of one axle on an LS2 other then on a maggied and cammed car?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SkullV
Are there any confirmed results of one axle on an LS2 other then on a maggied and cammed car?
Sorry I didn't answer you on the CF...I have you on my ignore list. Mostly due to retarded questions like this one. We all know you are a big HE fan, and that's cool.
I hate to brake it to you, but its the technology behind the axle that works. Regardless of the vendor (DSS/HE or Gforce). If you replace one axle with one that is of different size the hop will be eliminated.
I'm guessing to satisfy you there will need to be 50 different LS2 Vs with 50 different mods to verify that it works. Stop being such a hater and support the V. The more vendors we have making products for our cars the better.
I really wish you would grow up.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned

Im still trying to figure out if your blowing hendrix or if hes blowing you
Old 01-24-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Great Video Brother!!! cant wait to get these! been holding off because i know i will need to buy stock in tires! lol
Old 01-24-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SoJersey05V
Great Video Brother!!! cant wait to get these! been holding off because i know i will need to buy stock in tires! lol
All you need is the passenger side large axle. I helped Dannboss install his and it works great! You will love it.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry I didn't answer you on the CF...I have you on my ignore list. Mostly due to retarded questions like this one. We all know you are a big HE fan, and that's cool.
I hate to brake it to you, but its the technology behind the axle that works. Regardless of the vendor (DSS/HE or Gforce). If you replace one axle with one that is of different size the hop will be eliminated.
I'm guessing to satisfy you there will need to be 50 different LS2 Vs with 50 different mods to verify that it works. Stop being such a hater and support the V. The more vendors we have making products for our cars the better.
I really wish you would grow up.
Still not sure how "growing up" has anything to do to this. If you were so "grown up" you would have simply answered the question with yes or no rather then throwing a temper tantrum. Nice video though. Still need to do away with my cats in the Kook's/Magnaflow combo.

Never once have I said that Gforce makes a bad product. In fact we have spoken through PM (information you are not privy to remember?) and I told them I'm sure they make a GREAT product. I am just still trying to understand their reasoning for doing the pass axle rather then driver side when there was already a proven combo that worked. Just trying to learn a little about IRS drive lines.

Also, I have ONE product from Hendrix (which I paid FULL price for unlike what you paid for your combo with free installation), it happens to work great, if Gforce had their axle out first then I would have their axle in. I hardly think that makes me a Hendrix fan.

Either way I'll stay out of your threads from here on out.

Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct
Im still trying to figure out if your blowing hendrix or if hes blowing you
Be careful, I got an infraction when I asked the same kind of question to SoJersey.

Last edited by SkullV; 01-24-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^ yea i got one for being sarcastic and answering you! lol

Last edited by SilveradoSS500; 01-25-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SoJersey05V
^^ yea i got one for being sarcastic and answering you! lol
Meh, it's all in good fun until a mod sees it!

Last edited by SilveradoSS500; 01-25-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still not sure how "growing up" has anything to do to this. If you were so "grown up" you would have simply answered the question with yes or no rather then throwing a temper tantrum. Nice video though. Still need to do away with my cats in the Kook's/Magnaflow combo.

Never once have I said that Gforce makes a bad product. In fact we have spoken through PM (information you are not privy to remember?) and I told them I'm sure they make a GREAT product. I am just still trying to understand their reasoning for doing the pass axle rather then driver side when there was already a proven combo that worked. Just trying to learn a little about IRS drive lines.

Also, I have ONE product from Hendrix (which I paid FULL price for unlike what you paid for your combo with free installation), it happens to work great, if Gforce had their axle out first then I would have their axle in. I hardly think that makes me a Hendrix fan.

Either way I'll stay out of your threads from here on out.
Gforce does do a driver side axle, and it does fix hop. He chose to do a small driver side. Again, as long as you have a small and a large your hop will be fixed. Unlike HE, Gforce has a fix for both LS2 and LS6. I paid full price for my product, it did not work as planned, so Gforce sent me the fix. It's called customer service. That really resonates with me.

Thanks for staying out of my threads from now on. I appreciate it and will reciprocate.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

skull: tis tru! lol the eyes are upon us!

Last edited by SoJersey05V; 01-24-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned

Be careful, I got an infraction when I asked the same kind of question to SoJersey.
Im just teasing , but you are on hendrix nuts....

Im just glad someone else finaly makes axles so I can buy a set.

Going to order when my income tax comes in
Old 01-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

Whisler.. Thanks for posting the vid.. Have really been waiting to see something like this.. The results are nice!!!

I have to say, I'm so annoyed that every time I come on this forum and there is a thread about axles, there's nothing but bitching.. I don't get you guys.. We are all here for the same reasons.. To learn more, to share our existing knowledge and make our vehicles better, faster, stronger.. We all have our own opinions, I just think some people need to calm down a little with how they express them...

Again, thanks for the vid.. Will be the next investment
Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for posting this video Wisler, looks like the axles work great and just as designed.

Ok guys, I've explained this before but I'll explain the reason for the different axles and what wheel hop is and why it happens.

Wheel hop happens when the drivers side tire looses traction, once that happens the axle unwinds (The axles are in a constant state of twist under acceleration).
When the drivers side axle unwinds it sends a shock wave or harmonics through the center section and into the passenger side axle. Once this happens the passenger side tire breaks traction and that axle unwinds. It then starts a viscous cycle called "Wheel hop"
To stop this cycle you need (for one) a stiffer axle with different twisting properties then the other axle. The method of obtaining this is to make one larger then the other.
You need a staggered diameter set of axles to most effectively stop the wheel hop, one small and one big.
This method has been proven in the GTO market and also by GM.

The 04-05 V's came from the factory with small axles on both sides.
The 06-07 V's came with big axles on both sides.
Both of these axle designs did nothing to stop wheel hop as you all know.
You have to have a staggered diameter set of axles to most effectively stop the wheel hop.
The 04-05 V's have small axles so you need a big passenger side axle to make a staggered set.
The 06-07 V's have big axles one both sides so you need a small axle on the drivers side to make a staggered set.
The different twisting properties of the axles stop the back and forth harmonics that happen with wheel hop.

Running just one of our axles does a great job of killing the wheel hop.
When you run both of our small and large 300m axles, it works a little differently but still stops the back and forth harmonics but even better.
Our axles are made of 300m and have a really deep heat treat, they don’t twist much at all (but they are still under constant twist under acceleration, just not as much)
so the axles don’t unload much at all when you break traction.

I hope that explains it.

Thanks
Chris @ Gforce Engineering

Quick Reply: Gforce Axles Results **VIDEO**