Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 90/90 Vs. Victor Jr setup - Need opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast 90/90 Vs. Victor Jr setup - Need opinions!

My car currently has a Fast 90/90 setup that came on it when I bought it. After seeing a couple of them blow apart under boost or with a backfire I must say I'm slightly worried. My car is currently an NA 408 setup, I plan on spraying it over the summer months, and during winter I am going to start a turbo build if everything continues to go as planned.

Well a friend of mine with an SN95 mustang is doing a LQ9 swap and is looking for an intake. He was planning on buying a new FAST but wants to buy mine used if I'm willing to sell it, so this may be a great time to do this swap if I want to.

The plan would be a Vic Jr manifold, an intakeelbows.com elbow, and retain my 90mm throttle body. I like this idea a lot, and got the idea from a buddy of mine has it on his procharged 408. They look awesome and I think it would go great with a direct port setup.

What are your opinions? It's a mild cammed setup and I won't be spinning past 6700 right now. I know that's kind of a burden for the Vic, but what do you guys think?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Default victor jr

get rid of that manifold man they are overpriced junk. they are designed to fit under the hood of a vette thats all they have going for them. the vic jr is a superior design.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone says the Vic and an elbow area bad idea. The Vic will most likely give up too much lowe to mid range for a mild application.

If your not spinning past 6700rpm then the FAST will work great.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Bump for some more opinions..
Old 01-26-2010, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

All i hear is the elbow will choke up power, So if you want to go this route, I would get the 4 barrel throttle body with some direct port would work. May even looking into a differnt spec cam to match the intake with the cam. Just my thoughts,
Old 01-26-2010, 08:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright here is the deal.

If you have plans for boost & 6500+RPM the Vic Jr will stomp a Fast up top. Its been proven. If your gonna run the Vic Jr on a N/A set-up, the 4 barrel Accufab TB is the best route power wise but requires some cutting on the car. You can buy a sheet metal elbow to clear the cowl though if you wanna run a regular TB.

On many applications the Fast is not junk. Its been proven to make power but for the cost there are alternatives. Not everyone likes a multi layer intake design or one with burst panels. I have seen some great results on cars running a Fast set-up & cars running the Vic Jr.

The Fast will retain more power down low but runs outta steam up top. It was originally designed to outperform the LS6 intake which it does. And even though they are on alot of cars turning low ET's they are a street car intake. The Vic Jr is more of a race intake & if your gonna run it N/A you need a cam spec'd right for the combo to get the full potiential.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 AM
9 Second Club

I run a fast intake with a direct port kit and runs awesome Im running a 250 with a safe tune and tr9 plugs with np. Then biggest thing on nitrous backfires is bad noids or a shitty tune.
I have 3 friends with the vic jr with a turbos set up they said the same thing that a vic jr is for a turbo application or Na but NA you have to have it ported to really work well and spec the cam for that.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the input fellas.