Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Saints to the Super Bowl

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Saints to the Super Bowl

Well I must say, one of the most dramatic games I have ever seen.

The 49'ers game this year was similar but the Vikes were getting out played and pulled it out of their butts.

This one was back and forth, and back and forth!!

I was very unhappy with Brett getting hammered after plays, not calling them, and then the Vike's Defense not getting after Brees and some of the calls made were really upsetting.

Over all even at the last play, I am very Happy with Brett, he is more then deserving and I hope he does decide to try it again, he did sign a 2 year deal. So we will see.

As with all good sportsman, I will be rocking my Vikes wear at work and wishing the Saints the best of luck at the SB.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What an exciting game! It really went down to the last minute. I was rooting for the Vikes, but i think the Saints have really earned the win.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Internet Mechanic

The refs ensured that the Saints won, plain and simple. Very draining, I am suprised I showed up to work and for a guy who is not that into sports is scary.....
Old 01-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
The refs ensured that the Saints won, plain and simple.
Oh boy, here comes the drama and complaing. How about the interception(S) and turnover(S)....yea that had nothing to do with it. Jeepers creepers people.

If the Vikings kept the interceptions and turnovers down.....the game was theirs. Very close game but not perfect. Lots of fumbles, QB's going down, interceptions, turnovers.

I looked forward to the Saints/Vikings game more than any game and even more then the Superbowl. That game last night should of been the Superbowl.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:50 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Oh boy, here comes the drama and complaing. How about the interception(S) and turnover(S)....yea that had nothing to do with it. Jeepers creepers people.
C'mon man, no one is saying the turnovers didn't hurt but the officiating was CLEARLY bias.
I've already heard Rich Eisen and Deon Sanders commenting on the officiating and I'm sure as the week progresses we will hear more about it. The no-call hits on Favre and the "3" games changing calls in OT alone will surely not go unnoticed by fans as well as analysts/players etc. I'm very interested to see if anything unfolds this week as that's concerned.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

bad calls happen in every game. get over it
Old 01-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO

If the Vikings kept the interceptions and turnovers down.....the game was theirs. Very close game but not perfect. Lots of fumbles, QB's going down, interceptions, turnovers.

I looked forward to the Saints/Vikings game more than any game and even more then the Superbowl. That game last night should of been the Superbowl.
I agree that last night was the SB, I mentioned that to my wife. It was back and forth, back and forth.

The one thing Saints did when they forced the fumble was hitting the ball. Which is good, and worked 3 out of the 6 I think.

There were 2 INTs and the last one hurt but great QB's are expected to go for those clutch plays. Brett all year had very little INT which shows how much he improved and had his best year ever.

My boss who HATES Farve is smiling today but he is a Dolphin's fans so go fig. I think he is still pissed Marino never won a SB but is touted as a top 5 QB of all time.

Its a heart breaker for sure but one had to win. Plain and simple.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tektrans
C'mon man, no one is saying the turnovers didn't hurt but the officiating was CLEARLY bias.
I've already heard Rich Eisen and Deon Sanders commenting on the officiating and I'm sure as the week progresses we will hear more about it. The no-call hits on Favre and the "3" games changing calls in OT alone will surely not go unnoticed by fans as well as analysts/players etc. I'm very interested to see if anything unfolds this week as that's concerned.
What Game did you watch there were plenty of calls on the Saints knocking Bretts Head off.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 608kZ28
thank you for that in depth commentary

I'm not even a Vikes fan, so I am over it, we're just talkin' football here so try not to be a wise-*** for no reason. :
Old 01-25-2010, 08:39 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by jgoodson
What Game did you watch there were plenty of calls on the Saints knocking Bretts Head off.
watched the same game as everybody else, I'm not the only one who saw what was going on.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Internet Mechanic

Hey, the game just happend, people are always allowed to bitch. IF anything else, NO did not beat the Vikings, the Vikings beat themselves as the stats would show, much like the Cowboys from the week previous, as well as the Chargers.

BS calls happen ever game but I would have said the same if the Vikes won and NO was gettting the exact same calls.

IMO if you had watched the 49'ers game, that was the game that Minnisota LOST but won at the last play.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Banned

watched the same game as everybody else, I'm not the only one who saw what was going on.
So your gonna tell me you didnt notice any crappy call towards the Saints the whole game? There were crappy calls the entire time but not only towards the Vikes thats not what lost the game.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:24 AM
9 Second Club

No bad calls against the Saints jump out at me, not saying there weren't any, which calls are you referring to?
I definately agree-crappy calls all day.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

thank you for that in depth commentary
you are very welcome

vikes did lose that game. but the saints just cashed in on the vikes screw ups by winning.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 AM
9 Second Club

you are very welcome

vikes did lose that game. but the saints just cashed in on the vikes screw ups by winning.
Could you pick a broader statement? Did you even watch the game or was it your mom's turn to watch the tv last night?
Old 01-25-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

oh. mom jokes. really original there.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Internet Mechanic

oh. mom jokes. really original there.
Thats not a mom joke, thats a 30 yr old dependent still living at home Joke.

Point is no one is making a concrete statment that is proving mine or Tek's opinions wrong. I seriously doubt you guys watched this game, at best sounds like you watched Sport Center Highlights.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Humanitarian

Long story short, the Vikings hurt themselves, there is a margian of error where in every game some mistakes are going to happen but both teams in this game were so closely matched that any errors, even less than normal could cost the game and in my eyes more errors then normal were made (fumbles alone ugh) so the Saints were bound to win if they could play a little cleaner and keep their errors low. If the Vikings played a cleaner game last night it would of NEVER went into OT. The Vikings would of had the lead into the 4th.

All in all I think even with the calls that wernt not made that you thought should of been; if they were, the Vikings still dug their hole. The interception at the end was the icing on the cake. Too many turnovers, fumbles and interceptions. Even with the Saints, they had more errors then expected. Both teams seemed so nervous. The Saints RB dropping back like 15 yards, Bush's bad move....just really unexpected.

In my eyes whomever got the coin toss won (I hate talking about the OT rules so lets not). All I'm saying is both teams were more than strong enough to march down the field for a quick FG.

P.S. I watched every second of the game, even with the hyper fiance poking me in the ribs, whacking me in the side of the head and talking into my ear. I havent look forward to a football game like last night since the Pat's were 16-0 and lost.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Humanitarian

Vikings were 4 out of 6 in the red zone, not too shabby but everyone counts but 3 fumbles and 2 interceptions are going to KILL you. Peterson....the guy is simply awesome and look at what happened last night. The Saints crushed Brett and there wasnt a call on that among a few other things but 5 turnovers vs 1.

Brett needs to come back next same, if he plays with the same crew of guys he'd do really well.

Come back Brett!!!!!

Wake up Patriots!!!!!!

I hope you choke Manning!!!!!!

I hope the Colts get hurt in ways like none other. If the Pat's could at one point be 21+ points ahead with their crappy team the Saints should dominate them. Put on your tap dancing shoes Manning because the Saints pass rush is going to make you do your beautiful shuffle!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Thats not a mom joke, thats a 30 yr old dependent still living at home Joke.
regardless it was still a lame joke.

farve turned back into his old self by throwing that pass to a covered sidney rice in the 4th quarter. he hadnt done that sort of thing all year. why he did it now i have no clue. and every time the vikes fumbled, the ball seemed to go toward a saints player. then the pass interference call in OT that bailed out the saints. the vikes had a chance to get the ball in ot but didnt. then we got the refs. hey they are only human. like on so many other plays on Sunday night, the Vikings didn't quite get the break.