Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much nitrous can a c6 z06 handle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much nitrous can a c6 z06 handle?

Guys, I just bought a 2009 c6 z06 and was wondering how much nitrous it can handle? It is bone stock. I tried the search button but couldnt come up with anything. So if there is any guys out there spraying there stock c6 z06's please chime in. Also wondering how much the stock clutch can handle. Thanks ahead of time for any and all help.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Im also plaining to add a setup very soon. I been told anything more then 150 shot is pushing it. Some have gone 200 shot but done it so when it blows they have a excuse to forge the motor. Take you time and do your homework on the setup. Call some speed shops like Race Proven Motorsports, Ragin Racing, Vengeance racing, Late Model Racecraft to guide you. They have done many setups.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since maybe 1% of the guys here can afford a 2009 Corvette and maybe 1% of those guys would spray it (because its not quite fast enough) I have to be the first to say, post some videos of your first run!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jazz-LT1
Since maybe 1% of the guys here can afford a 2009 Corvette and maybe 1% of those guys would spray it (because its not quite fast enough) I have to be the first to say, post some videos of your first run!!!
You need to go to the corvette forum. If there not spraying there supercharging and if there not doing that there doing a twin turbo setup.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As said above we have many C6 Z06s spraying a 150 shot with no issues. The tune is critical, but the combos are living without issue. Several of our customers have stepped up to a 200 shot, but know they have a "time bomb" on their hands... So far no issues, but its not if its when
Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We tuneed/built 5-6 C6 ZO6 H/C 150shot so far running perfect but the nitrous runs were 109VP Racing fuel...
All of them made somewhere between 680 - 750rwhp

The stock clutch will hold a couple of runs of the car have low miles after you'll need to replace it and I suggest Katech LS9X ZR1 Clutch...
Old 01-25-2010, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

we have had several customers in the 150-200 range running in the low 10, high 9's
Old 01-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Can the car be ran on a 150 shot without tuning? I ran my c5 with a 150 shot with no tune and 1 step colder plugs and never had any problems. It was a zex kit which run pretty fat anyways if you follow zex jetting chart. I think that zex jetting is done this way to be on the safe side, but it definitely works.Thanks.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

anyone else?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97C5VETTE
Can the car be ran on a 150 shot without tuning? I ran my c5 with a 150 shot with no tune and 1 step colder plugs and never had any problems. It was a zex kit which run pretty fat anyways if you follow zex jetting chart. I think that zex jetting is done this way to be on the safe side, but it definitely works.Thanks.
If you're running nitrous then do yourself a favor and pull some timing out when you're on the juice! Pull maybe 2 degrees out for every 50HP shot. So 200 shot you would pull out 8 degrees. I guess you could run high octane race gas in it and pretty much do the same I guess. Nitrous tends to burn a little faster but it might be offset by high octane fuel. I used nitrous for years but always seemed to be looking for a place to fill it up at and the wrong time.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
As said above we have many C6 Z06s spraying a 150 shot with no issues. The tune is critical, but the combos are living without issue. Several of our customers have stepped up to a 200 shot, but know they have a "time bomb" on their hands... So far no issues, but its not if its when
Are the cast pistons and the thin cylinders the weak links in relationship to spraying the C6Z?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by david vericker
Are the cast pistons and the thin cylinders the weak links in relationship to spraying the C6Z?
Thats what I was told but I also was told that I can still spray it with a small shot. So basically Im just finding out what guys mena by a small shot on the ls7. I think that a bone stock C6Z would be a 9 sec rocket on a 150 shot, colder plugs & drag radials and nothing else. Well if not high 9's, definitely low low 10's. I just dont want to change the tune because of the warranty and was hoping to just tune it via jetting because thats all I did on my c5 and it ran great.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 97C5VETTE
Thats what I was told but I also was told that I can still spray it with a small shot. So basically Im just finding out what guys mena by a small shot on the ls7. I think that a bone stock C6Z would be a 9 sec rocket on a 150 shot, colder plugs & drag radials and nothing else. Well if not high 9's, definitely low low 10's. I just dont want to change the tune because of the warranty and was hoping to just tune it via jetting because thats all I did on my c5 and it ran great.
See here's the issue...safe is always relative. One persons safe might not be anothers. As mike pointed out we've had a few customers running upwards of 200hp without issues. Now is that what we sell as being "safe"...no but its definitely do-able barring the timing and fuel demands nitrous presents. I generally recommend to C6Z owners to limit it to around a 100 shot if they're wanting to remain safe. That's not to say anything more and you're toast, but its a good median. And keep in mind that nothing is fool proof. I would still pull at LEAST 2 degrees, run colder plugs and make sure you have a steady fuel supply. Technically speaking your fuel demands on paper look fine, but its never a bad idea to get a gauge on there and at least verify no pressure drop when spraying.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or give any one of us here a call at the shop if you'd like to discuss further. Thanks!

Nick

Quick Reply: How much nitrous can a c6 z06 handle?