nitrous wiring help in DFW

Old 01-25-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nitrous wiring help in DFW

Anyone here GREAT with wiring up nitrous kits? I just hooked everything back up as I rememberd it going before I hydrolocked my old engine and now the selonoids are not kicking on when I hit the wot switch. I have no idea what it could be and I don't have the tools to check the electronics. Anyone bored during the day and want to take a look? I'll bring it to you of course and pay you a little something for your help. It's a nos 5177 dry kit btw. Anyone know it both wires need to be hooked up on the wot switch? I only have one in place and it looks like two should be used. It's been over 5 years since I disconnected this kit and have since had a engine swap so I could have lost that wire along the way. I've checked the inline fuse and the arming switch inside the car lights up and still works.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

each solenoid has 2 wires, one needs to be grounded, the other needs to get power usually from the WOT switch.
I'm in plano if you need a hand.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

being it by the shop ill get it fixed up for you
Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 AM
TECH Regular

I got it going. It was missing the ground wire to the micro switch. They are clicking now. Anyone know about the FPSS? I had both wires and one is a ground and the other goes to the solenoid. I took a guess because the wiring directions from nos were backwards from what my FPSS read but they clicked so I'd assume I have it right. Nos has the ground on the right and mine was on the left. Would the solenoids still click if the fpss is wired backwards?

Search this Thread