Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use EASE Diagnostic software

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone use EASE Diagnostic software

Hey does anyone use Ease Diagnostic software. Im heavily debating b/t autotap and ease. Specs on EASE can be seen at http://www.obd2.com/personal/personal_gmobd2.htm Ease looks to be pretty nice but I dont know of anyone using. Thanks. BTW its for a 99 3/4 ton 6.0 truck

Josh
Old 12-22-2003, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A local tuner here uses and it is awesome. running log with graphs is great, really easy to see the dips and peaks for tuning purposes. The different screen setups are so easy to read and it has bidirectional controls. You can get the GM enhanced parameters off ebay for around 170.00. The listings say they dont work with 01 and up, but they are good up to 03 models.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ADME:B:BN:MT:1

Last edited by work in progress; 12-22-2003 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Wink

Originally Posted by badburban
Hey does anyone use Ease Diagnostic software. Im heavily debating b/t autotap and ease. Specs on EASE can be seen at http://www.obd2.com/personal/personal_gmobd2.htm Ease looks to be pretty nice but I dont know of anyone using. Thanks. BTW its for a 99 3/4 ton 6.0 truck

Josh

I use it and it is great!
Old 12-22-2003, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

FYI,
the Ease scanner images on that ebay sale shows the old V1 scanner.
Ease sells Version 3 now so you would be buying something Ease sold about 1 1/2 plus years ago.

V3 comes with Bi-directional, the Warp speed mode and the new GM CANis interface so it also works on the 04 cars/trucks that began using GMs next gen PCM controls which will be used with most models for 2005

Yes Ease GM enhanced OBD-II scanner/recorder would allow you to connect and use on ALL GM cars and light trucks from 1996 to present models.

Several states use the Ease scanner for doing EPA smog testing and many repair shops use it so it is a well known professionally designed scanner
Old 12-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys
Old 12-23-2003, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

I don't want to comment on Ease as I've never personally used it, however, one thing to think about if you plan on 'tinkering' with your car using Predator, Edit etc is most of the folks on here talk A-Tap or EFILive, you can exchange log files etc with alot of other users of either of those two programs.

EFILive V6 which I am running has some neat features that maybe TeamZR1 can clarify if Ease can do this too (sorry I don't know) -
Download the LTFT matrix in one simple click.
Shows info (failure counts before a DTC sets) on various sensors like MAF and Knock Sensors, PCM Memory.

And as most EFILive users know, using the EFILive forum you get direct access to all the developers of the program.

Quick Reply: Anyone use EASE Diagnostic software