Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS aftermarket parts interchangeable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS aftermarket parts interchangeable?

If I was to purchase a 6.0L iron truck longblock to get my swap underway with the eventual goal of swapping in a LS7, would small parts be interchangeable? Manifolds, head studs, cam?

I would assume all the stuff is the same for the LSx motors. Purchasing a $200 motor to work with now would significantly speed up the process.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Alot of the parts are interchangeable..like the Accessories and things like that. There are some differences between the two, you will need the Gen IV Timing Cover & Valley Cover, and do some wiring..

How do you plan on building that LS7..Dry Sump or standard Wet Sump?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to steal his thread but he might wanna know also, but are the sensors the same say between a 02 trans am and an 04 lq4 from a van? they are both drive by cable. I'm mainly wondering if I could use a wiring harness from the 02 trans on a 04 lq4.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

All the same..even the Reluctor is still 24X. It's a direct swap.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by the_merv
Alot of the parts are interchangeable..like the Accessories and things like that. There are some differences between the two, you will need the Gen IV Timing Cover & Valley Cover, and do some wiring..

How do you plan on building that LS7..Dry Sump or standard Wet Sump?
thanks for the info, I figured I'd probably pick up a mild cam, intake manifold, and throttle body to spice up the 6.0 a bit and then move it over eventually. Being that I have to build my own LTs, I'll probably build them 2" primaries. A bit big for the 6.0 but that seems what most street car Z06's are running.

probably dry sump. any reason I shouldn't? I was planning on finding one out of a wrecked z06 and just doing mild cam/valve springs/pushrods/intake manifold/TB and calling it a day. from what I understand the z06s are factory dry sump cars and the system works well should I continue taking this car out on the road course once or twice a year

Quick Reply: LS aftermarket parts interchangeable?