Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertor / Transmission Combo

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertor / Transmission Combo

Just wanted some thoughts on an issue with Hi Stall convertors on a daily driven car.

I notice that on all the forums here that everybody insists that a convertor is the way to go and that might be true if you are looking for the compromise for a street / strip or just straight out strip setup.

However if you are running a daily driver 95% of the time with say closer to 600 hp and 600 ftlb of power.Also consider we have the new GTO rear end on these cars we also cannot get a lot more than stock tyres under the rear with out major tubbing of wheel well.

The tranny is an upgraded 4l60e with stock convertor, on speaking with several reputable performance shops with strong connections in drags all of them said that I would be better sticking with stock convertor for a more tractable and safe car on the roads.

Everbody on here seems to recommend that say a 4000 stall is the go but are we being realistic.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

FOR SALE- YANK SS3600 Converter....

The converter was in the car only for 3 months.

$600 OBO, Retails for $900new

Email me at bjohnson0678@yahoo.com or send a PM
Old 12-22-2003, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

the new GTO got the independent rear end suspension(IRS)thats rear wouldn't hold sh**t the same rear end in 99 and up mustang cobra got

i know cose i got one of them but where am from over seas chevy call them luminaSS( we got them since 99)

http://al3aneed.net/piccar/piccar/qaher11.jpg

http://al3aneed.net/piccar/piccar/lumina2.jpg

Last edited by silverTA; 12-22-2003 at 09:05 PM.