Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering Spring Help!!!!! Post Pics Pls

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lowering Spring Help!!!!! Post Pics Pls

Ok, right now I have 1.8" lowering springs on my 98 Z28. I am wanting to run a dual exhaust setup on my car and it is way to low right now.
I am just trying to find a lowered stance with true duals so I can get some idea. So if you can post up some specs on what ya'll are running as in Springs, Shocks/Struts, that would be really helpful......Thank you
Old 01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i heard the pro kit is the way to go with true dual/longtube setup, lowers 1.2 inches in the front and 1.5 in the rear. i just got my true duals done recently did the hose mod in the rear with stock springs and just ordered the bmr 1.25 lowering springs for the front. its gonna sit exactly how i want it to with the 18/17 combo. heres some pics of my car with the wheels bolted up on the left side before the springs are installed, ill post some after the install to give you a better idea https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...heels-z28.html
Old 01-27-2010, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

here is my thread with pics of my BMR 1.2" springs/koni shocks

post i made with pics of my TDs on the lowered car.

after the spring install i tweaked the mufflers (magnaflow 4x9 full size mufflers) and got just a hair under 2.5" of clearance under the mufflers. pipes had more than that, mufflers were the low point.

i recently decided to raise the rear end just a touch since the car seemed to sit lower in the back. i think the front springs didn't settle as much as they were supposed to. not to mention i wanted to level out the car...i had the very normal lean to the passenger side

so i installed some spacers and described it here.

initial measurements took me from 26 5/8" up to 27" in the back. but the spacers will settle some over time. gonna give it another week and measure it again. anticipating i got a solid 3/8" boost, and leveled the rear side to side.

hope that helps some
Old 01-27-2010, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

oh yeah...if i wasn't cammed (and living in police land) i would highly consider running some long chambered mufflers.

don't recall the name of the company...but they are pretty popular (something like "classic chambered mufflers"). they offer a 3" unit that is 3.5" outside diameter. that would give me another 1/2" of clearance. i think i could fit a 36" muffler on my current duals...just wish i knew how loud it would be

if i ever re-do the exhaust i'll likely run 2.5" pipes, and may consider their mufflers. they have 2.5" units that are 3" outside diameter.

Quick Reply: Lowering Spring Help!!!!! Post Pics Pls