Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New kid here

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New kid here

Hey everybody, the name is Robert. I am 21 years old and have been a muscle car guy since i was a little kid. I drive a 2006 Mustang GT BUT my father owns a 1979 Pontiac Firebird. All original, only 90,000 miles on her and he is the original owner. It drives great, just needs some TLC. It obviously isn't his DD.

A few questions, what color is that copper color? What's the real name for it? We have the stock motor and tranny in it (auto). We also have a Pontiac 400 out of a trans am that is in a crate in our garage and my dad is debating of pulling out the stocker and freshening up the 400 and building it slightly so we can drop it on in and slap a 3spd manual to it.

He is a car car and knows a lot. He turns a wrench for a living, we are going to get ready to start restoring this thing and i want to be there to help and i need to start learning about this motor. I only know Ford motors pretty well and imports because a lot of my friends own imports.

Anyhow, i will have him move his motorcycle during the week and i'll pull out the car and take a bunch of shots.

I look forward to learning about this car, i really want to make it into a beast.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AllOriginal79Bird
Hey everybody, the name is Robert. I am 21 years old and have been a muscle car guy since i was a little kid. I drive a 2006 Mustang GT BUT my father owns a 1979 Pontiac Firebird. All original, only 90,000 miles on her and he is the original owner. It drives great, just needs some TLC. It obviously isn't his DD.

A few questions, what color is that copper color? What's the real name for it? We have the stock motor and tranny in it (auto). We also have a Pontiac 400 out of a trans am that is in a crate in our garage and my dad is debating of pulling out the stocker and freshening up the 400 and building it slightly so we can drop it on in and slap a 3spd manual to it.

He is a car car and knows a lot. He turns a wrench for a living, we are going to get ready to start restoring this thing and i want to be there to help and i need to start learning about this motor. I only know Ford motors pretty well and imports because a lot of my friends own imports.

Anyhow, i will have him move his motorcycle during the week and i'll pull out the car and take a bunch of shots.

I look forward to learning about this car, i really want to make it into a beast.
welcome havent been on here long but so far pretty good site