Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Just purchased my first F-body..PICS

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased my first F-body..PICS

Hello everyone.

My previous car was a near mint 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. For those that are unfamiliar, it is a 2.0L AWD turbo. I was in the middle of building it to my goal of 300whp when I got rearended on the 15th of January. It was a nasty accident. To keep it short...I got rear-ended while at a complete stop and got launched into oncoming traffic. Thankfully I didn't get hit again on that side of the road. Unfortunately, the person that hit me took off. I never saw the person who did it.

So I was looking for a replacement but they are so hard to find these days. A buddy of mine suggested I look into a trans am. After about a week of talking about them and looking on craigslist...I found one.

To not go over ALL the details, let's just say I is in very good condition. The kid I bought it from tried to swing it when he first got it (6 years ago) and ended up taking out a picket fence. Scared the pants off of him and he has babied it ever since. I checked for any kind of evidence of burnouts or the likes and it all looked good. Drove as solid as a rock. All stock except stereo and a flowmaster exhaust system. I was sold.

So here I am. I had been lurking around until now and decided to register since I now own this beast. I have included pics because everybody LOVES pics...right?

I still have to do a detail and pics were taken with a 3GS so not great quality. As I progress with the car I will be taking more pics. Thanks for looking and I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

PS - I live in California and have strict smog rules so anybody else that lives here and has been modding their car, please shoot me a PM and let me know what the best way is to go about modding and staying 100% legal at the same time.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

Great looking car man!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! Nothing tougher than a black WS6. Like the Y2K rims. The Flowmaster sounds great but is considered the most restrictive cat-back exhaust by far on here.

Have fun with it!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great choice for a ride.

Black WS6 is top pick.

Tell us how it feels.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Looks sweet! Welcome!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Teching In

black is the fastest color and best looking! sharp car.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Teching In

I don't like flowmaster exhausts. The guy I bought it from said that he just told the shop to make it loud. The best sounding, IMO, is an x-pipe true dual bassani. It is quite expensive though. I wonder if a custom true dual from cat back and goes over axle is possible. With some magnaflow or borla zr-1 mufflers. That is what I had been looking at before I even bought it. Suggestions for a california legal exhaust system would be of great help.

She rides nice! I am planning on a 5.0 pro short shifter with a lou's short stick but if there is a better short stick to get...chime in and tell me what's good. On harder launches..the front end lifts up. I am not used to that at all! But it's FREAKIN AWESOME! Handles good. Brakes are good. I don't have much to compare it to. It's just plain solid. I will be upgrading the rotors as the braking power is pretty good as is. I don't see the need for a baer bbk or anything. Rotors and pads should do the trick well for performance and will compliment the rims nicely. The rims aren't as wide as I like so I may upgrade in the future.

I am happy to answer any other questions about my car. It came with a K&N air filter and lid that never got installed. I will be installing that monday or tuesday. I am sure it wont do much in the way of performance but I like reusable filters.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice ride. The black looks great too.. Have fun and be safe..
Old 01-30-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice..Congrats..Now time for some modding.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Welcome. She looks good....but lower it!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quik Sand
Agreed!!

Very nice car man, for some reason it looks like somebody put a lift kit on it though lol!! Get some Strano Springs and it will look perfect.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

where in cali are you?

cars lookin clean! i bought my car in roughly the same condition...stock with flowmaster...which is long gone
Old 01-30-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

welcome to the light side of the force
Old 01-31-2010, 01:48 AM
Launching!

Congrats on the new ride. From what I've been told, you can do true duals, but it limits your aftermarket suspension add-ons you can do. Forget exactly what it was...I'm a newbie to F-bodies as well. I love these things!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:38 AM
12 Second Club

how many miles on her/ and how much did you give? and a little warning...once you start modding...you CANT stop..ask anybody here lmao
Old 01-31-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Resident

Sorry to hear about the other ride. Nice new ride you got there though! Love the wheels. And welcome to the site!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

what he said..i was looking for a black ws6 too but i fell in love with NBM. but black is the hottness too. congrats.. get ready to spend all of your money on mods.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

sexy! i have a 99 spyder gs. which is fun. but it's absolutely nothing compared to my f body hehehe . welcome!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Thanks for all the compliments! I plan on modding like crazy. I was doing so with my previous car and every car I own from here on out. It's just what I do!

I got it with 99300 miles. Paid 8400. I know I spent More than I could have but it was the cleanest one I could find for the asking price. And with no evidence of abuse...I couldn't resist.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Thanks! I know how you feel. My stock eclipse ride height was about a full inch lower. Roads aren't in very good condition in my area so I need a mild drop to make it look good yet retain good driveability. I loved a slammed look but it just isn't practical. Even your eibach prokit looks a bit extreme.

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Agreed!!

Very nice car man, for some reason it looks like somebody put a lift kit on it though lol!! Get some Strano Springs and it will look perfect.
Needless to say, I will look into the Strano springs. Must check the drop and how much they sag. Can you recommend some struts that match well?