Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aftermarket Alarm help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Alarm help

Hi, I just bought my 02 Trans Am. I have a keyless entry/Alarm system by Viper on it that was already in place when I bought the car. I'm having some trouble with the system. The alarm goes off constantly when I unlock the doors with either the keyless or by using the door key. It generally waits for me to unlock it then sit down inside before it goes berserk. Since it was already in place i dont have any papers on the system and don't know if i can have it corrected by anywhere for free so I was just curious if its me thats doing a wrong thing or what? Note: I've tried just locking it with the door key too it always goes off everytime i unlock it and get in. Thanks for reading my problem guys.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Do you have the Viper remote or are you using the original GM remote? The alarm is probably programmed for passive arming and it won't disarm unless you use the correct remote.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Teching In

I only have a viper remote which the dealer gave me. It unlocks and locks it fine it just sets off the alarm which can get quite troublesome when you're out in public.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Sets off the OEM alarm? If that's the case, I suggest you ONLY lock and unlock with the remote.