Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous F*cked up my motor today...

Old 12-23-2003, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous F*cked up my motor today...

Hey guys, I just recently installed a 100 dry shot and blue underglow on my 2002 SS SLP, and today it seems that the motor was not ready for those two mods! I purged the nitroud and only one line worked, and when I went to shoot the nitrous and my rpms fell to the floor and my motor made a loud pining noise... Also, one of my neon tubes broke, so overall its a sad day.. But has anyone heard of this problem with the motor? I pray its not a new motor for me, but if anyone can help, let me know please... Or does anyone have an extra underglow for me??? Alright, thanks guys!
Old 12-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Teching In

I can help you out, if it cranks and runs okay it is okay if it dont then it is broke. Just to let you know nitrous did not f@*k up your motor, it was either you or a faulty part! Anyway good luck.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:37 PM
Teching In

DUDE, you can blame the nitrous, or the faulty part, not me... Maybe the faulty part was the nitrous! But I have no idea, I installed ikt and followed the directions and had a few extra nuts and bolts, you know the usual! But it was workin good for atleast a day or so... I cant check it out right now cause the battery is dead and it is charging, so you gotta wait a lil bit before I try and crank it...
Old 12-23-2003, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

so hang on a moment...your purge wasn't working properly...so you decided it would be a good idea to try the system at full load? are you naturally stupid or do you have to work hard at it? ill guess its the nos 5177 kit. simpley the nos kit and a purge kit doesnt make a complete system, im guessing and really hope you understood that before slappin that puppy on. if both jets aren't working with the dry kit, the nitrous doesnt build up in the lid enough so when it passes the maf it doesnt pick it all up so you get a bunch of air, and no fuel...PINGAGE. did you use the sealant where the braided lines connect by any chance? **** may have gotten clogged. take it apart inspect the lines and noids. check allof your grounds too. check for small oil leaks or coolant in the oil and vice versa.

just some ideas. and for future reference dood, if something goes wrong with the purge...abort using that **** when you are stompin on it.
good luck
Old 12-23-2003, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Trolls

Search this Thread