General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

need window regulator help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need window regulator help.

ok so i have the same problem that simc33 had in this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...-included.html

i was planning on fixing it the same way. so i made the metal plate losened the regulator. couldnt get the holes to line up and getting frustrated took out the window motor. i never secured the regulator before taking out the motor.

so heres the issue after i got the last screw out of the motor the spring in the regulator unwound and came off. on the bright side all the holes line up perfect now but thiers no tension on the spring. i think i can hook the spring back on but how many turns should i spin it to put tension on it before putting everything back together.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

looks like there is a person in this thread who has done it before https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...-assembly.html

If you search way back for regulator and spring, you should find additional discussions
Old 02-02-2010, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks for the reply. i did try a search but didnt think to search for the spring specifically just the regulator.

so it looks like its not a big deal it souuldnt be to hard to put the spring back on and get one turn or so of tension on it.
thanks again for the help
Old 02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Good luck and be careful. GM's factory service manual seems to imply that its "impossible."