General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Front right DRL gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front right DRL gone bad

so recently my blinker stopped blinking and became solid, i checked hazards and all blinkers and found that it was only the outermost corner bulb on the front right drl(daytime running lamp). Strange that this affected all blinking capabilities front and rear. So to make a long story short i am going to replace the drl bulb im just not sure how. can anyone explain???
Old 02-01-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the issue with the blinker does affect all of them.

Not that hard to change if you actually look at it. It is a twist lock style connector and then you pull the old one out and put new one in.

Most likely you have the same issue as many others with the bulb always busting or going out. I had to replace my whole housing and replace the connector. To finally get mine to work right again.

Housing will run ya, but if its not to bad looking replacing the connector is your best bet if it is has corrosion in it. I eneded up getting a connector for cheap at you local parts store that it the rounded end bulb vs the straight line bulb due to the fact I could not find the same connector type at the time. Works just the same.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mvaldezss
so recently my blinker stopped blinking and became solid, i checked hazards and all blinkers and found that it was only the outermost corner bulb on the front right drl(daytime running lamp). Strange that this affected all blinking capabilities front and rear. So to make a long story short i am going to replace the drl bulb im just not sure how. can anyone explain???
If it happens to be the socket that has gotten water in it over time and it looks all trashed, check this thread out for the $6.00 fix. Not sure how to get to them the easiest with a Camaro. But I did mine last week, both sides with new sockets and bulbs for less than $20.00, took me about 30 minutes.

Also, take some super glue and run them along any cracks in the front lens to keep water out. That what I did.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...light=blinkers

Old 02-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks 4 the feedback gonna buy new socket and bulb 2 morrow, though my next question now is whats the easiest way to get to the bulb?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mvaldezss
thanks 4 the feedback gonna buy new socket and bulb 2 morrow, though my next question now is whats the easiest way to get to the bulb?
If you can get the front tires up on ramps, I would think your Camaro has the access panel under the car where the socket is located. A bolt or two will allow you to open that panel and the socket is right there.
The sockets have a little flex lock on them, you have to push it inward then the socket will turn and come out.

If you buy the new socket use butt connectors that shrink wrap around the ends with a lighter to keep the moiture out.