Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Correct drag wheel sizing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correct drag wheel sizing?

I'm looking to put a set of Bogarts or something similar on my C5. I've found a few pictures online of them installed, but I'm curious as to what the correct sizing is so I can see what other wheels are out there to make my decision. I need front and rear sizing. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ccw drag pack is another option im sure if you talked to ccw they would know what size. Seeing as I have seen the drag pack a quite a few corvettes
Old 02-03-2010, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1fast97gsx
I'm looking to put a set of Bogarts or something similar on my C5. I've found a few pictures online of them installed, but I'm curious as to what the correct sizing is so I can see what other wheels are out there to make my decision. I need front and rear sizing. Thanks!
Generally speaking, Bogart doesn't make rims for C5s or C6s but I do believe that they can make them up (semi custom), for C5s at least.
Without changing out your brakes/calipers/rotors I would think the smallest diameter one could go is 16" (front and rear) but honestly I would go with the 17s in the front in order to be able to use the better 17" tires available.
Consider getting some 16x9 or 16x10 for the rear and maybe a 17x4 or 17x4.5 for the front. I can't help you with specific offset or backspacing but they should be able to.
Bogarts will likely be lighter than CCWs as well.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1fast97gsx

have bogarts on my vette after having had ccw's. bogarts lighter thats why. ccw's a bit stronger ive heard. set up on both wheels 17" up front and 16" rears. bogart will make you what you want as will ccw. both great wheels. bogart has a large selection of wheels to pick from and i believe ccw has one style.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

paint it black vette - pm sent. What about if downgrading brakes to LS1 camaro / ta brakes is an option? Are those pretty much bolt on and will they allow me to run the conventional weld prostars in a 15" wheel? If those won't work are there smaller brake kits out there that allow 15s?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Launching!

We make our Bogart wheels for a C5 configuration using 17x5's and 16x10's. Due to the suspension (not just calipers), 15's will not work for the rear. If you do want to use 15's, you can change to a drag brake configuration. An aftermarket company produces a kit which alters suspension pieces and uses strange drag brakes and will work well.

We do have a small gallery for Corvettes: http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/customer_vet.html

You can choose any of the P1 style wheels. Keep in mind, the spokes will be larger than what you're looking at in the images (fronts). This is due to the images are 15" wheels. We can match the rears with the same larger size centers as an option... The center spoke design will be the same size as our road race images.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments about our designs.

Steve
Engineer

Quick Reply: Correct drag wheel sizing?