Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Will a .5 CF box be ok for a 10" that likes .7CF?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will a .5 CF box be ok for a 10" that likes .7CF?

I have a Fosgate 10"
Old 12-25-2003, 02:25 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah, it will work, but the sub wont be able to breathe as much as it would like to. You wont get full power out of the sub, and the sub probably wont be as clear and able to go as low as it could in a proper box size. Honestly, you probably wont notice much of a difference with that small of a box size difference. I am by no means an audiophile, but I cant tell the difference in a box too small unless it is close to around .5 cubic foot too small.

Out of curiousity, is the box you are using the subthump box that fits in the driver side cubbyhole? If so and you are only using one sub, you might want to consider the subthump box that goes into the passenger side. It is a .7, you just have to remove your spare tire (thats what friends and cell phones are for right )
Old 12-25-2003, 03:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by IRVINEWS6
I have a Fosgate 10"
It will work. You will not get that low end extension you might like. If you still want to go .5cf, I recommend you fill up the box with polyfill. Polyfill fools the driver by making it belive it is playing in bigger incloser but it will not compensate for that big of a difference you will have.