Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

2000 Z28 68K stock except a borla

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z28 68K stock except a borla

Hi everyone,

I have always wanted a camaro and finally took the plunge after taking care of the commuter car by hitting a snow bank. Picked it up for 7,000 cant complain its in real nice condition other than someone keyed the lower passenger door which will be fixed eventually. Quick story on it is that a 44 year old lady bought it had it for 63k took great care of it previous owner bought it from her which was his aunt. Had it for 5,000 miles its been garaged and kept clean and I fell in love. I only got one picture as of yet since I just got her last night and registered and rather drive it instead of take pictures in the dark.

Mods to come is SLP intake maybe with ram air and highflow cats with a y pipe exhaust.

Not sure what else I might do to it the guy and son a bought it off turned me away from headers since I am not gonna tune the engine. They said the stocks breathe real well already unless you go to tune it up.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Headers is the first mod I did to my car (with the exception of cat back) and it woke it up big time! My suggestion to you is to read up and search on this board before you decide to buy anything. Really think hard about what you want the car to be (weekend car daily driver or track car)then mod from there. You will learn to love this site, as it holds alot of great information! Welcome to the LS world!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The people you bought it from obviously didnt know what they were talking about lol. A set of PaceSetter longtube headers will be perfectly fine with the stock tune.

Headers/exhaust will be a great start where ever you decide to go with the car.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

I was going to go shortys if i were gonna get headers out of ease and not having to get a full exhaust to the borla done. Im def going to go SLP lid and high flow bellow and later maybe ram air from FTP.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

what trans does it have? thats a clean car with low mileage.