Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FPR before or after fuel rails?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FPR before or after fuel rails?

im getting rid of my stock fuel system on my camaro in favor of a more drag oriented design.
so far i have a sumped tank w/ a -10 feed to an Aeromotive A1000 inline pump.
-10 feed line all the way to the engine compartment. i will be using the factory feed line as a return. i already have the fuel rails as well.
im about to purchase FPR and fittings soon, and am a bit curious as to how i should orient the lines.

should i do the -10 to the regulator inlet, then -10 out to a y block, -8s to the fuel rails, w/ fuel rails looped in the back.

or

-10 to y block, -8s to fuel rail , fuel rail to y block , -10 from block to regulator?

i would imagine the first woulb be a bit more simple. just wanted to see if there were any advantages to running the regulator after the rails?

open to any and all suggestions.
thanks
Old 02-04-2010, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Regulator should go after the fuel rails.

-10 to Y-block, two -8s to fuel rails, two -8s to regulator out of the fuel rails. If it were me, I'd just dump the stock line as a return now and run a new return -8 back to the tank, kind of future proof it..
Old 02-05-2010, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanZ28
Regulator should go after the fuel rails.

-10 to Y-block, two -8s to fuel rails, two -8s to regulator out of the fuel rails. If it were me, I'd just dump the stock line as a return now and run a new return -8 back to the tank, kind of future proof it..
x2...
Old 02-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

sweet. thanks guys...
im looking at this one from edelbrock right now.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/1729/10002/-1

the price is definitely right. just seeing if anybody had any experience with em?

is it absolutely necessary to run a line from each fuel rail to the regulator? or culd i have the -10 go to one end of the rail, loop the two rails together and have a single line out to the regulator?

thanks again.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

anybody?

i got a question about the regulator as well.
it says it has two -10 inlet ports, one -10 outlet port, and a -6 bypass...
danz28, mentioned to ditch the factory feed line as a return and to run a -8 all the way back to the tank. i can only assume he recommended that since the factory feed may not support enough volume and back up the regulator.
the edelbrock fpr im looking at has a -6 return. will this be enough? if not can i use the outlet port as a return instead of plugging it, or does it have to go though the designated -6 bypass port in order to work properly?

thanks
Old 02-08-2010, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

I think this might help you http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...uto/641530.pdf there is a digram towards bottom too.

Quick Reply: FPR before or after fuel rails?