Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

2005 C6 Z51 problems passenger door electrical??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 C6 Z51 problems passenger door electrical??

Well my father recently took his vette out of storage again and the whole passenger door doesnt work, locks/windows/red security light/door opener

any idea's?? only the speaker works
Old 02-11-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

bump..
Old 02-12-2010, 05:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See if there's a manual release in the owner's manual and if there is - once you get the door open - check the wire loom between the door and the car. I don't know what kind of animals you have out there, but it wouldn't shocked me if a rat or something chewed threw the harness.

Aside from that, double check 3 things:
The fuses, the battery voltage, and the grounds. I could imagine that a ground would be your most likely problem.

Sorry, I don't own a C6, so I couldn't offer any more advice.

This is exactly the reason I don't like the push button door opener. Mechanical door handles are just so much more simple and reliable.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
See if there's a manual release in the owner's manual and if there is - once you get the door open - check the wire loom between the door and the car. I don't know what kind of animals you have out there, but it wouldn't shocked me if a rat or something chewed threw the harness.

Aside from that, double check 3 things:
The fuses, the battery voltage, and the grounds. I could imagine that a ground would be your most likely problem.

Sorry, I don't own a C6, so I couldn't offer any more advice.

This is exactly the reason I don't like the push button door opener. Mechanical door handles are just so much more simple and reliable.
ya i havnt checked it at all to be honest im thinking animal aswell the whole door doesn't work so i dont even know where to begin i imagine grounds and battery are good the car runs and drives fine... the harness is a big suspect aswell as fuses they will be checked but its snowing right now and the car is in storage again

Quick Reply: 2005 C6 Z51 problems passenger door electrical??