Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Annoying squeek still there after rear end swap!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying squeek still there after rear end swap!

I swapped my rear end last week with another 10 bolt and used my axles and backing plates in the new one, however, for the longest time I had this squeek comming from the passenger side rear wheel. First I thought it was the brakes so I replaced the rotors and pads, squeek was still there. The rear end problem was another issue, but even after the swap that same squeek is still there. It is in rythm with the rotation of the wheel ie: faster or slower I go the faster or slower the squeek. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell this is and it is even worse now after the rear end swap. Sometimes it would go away completely especially if it was warm out, but now it is there all the time. I replaced the axle seals too when I swaped the axles from my old rear to the new one. Could the backing plates be causing this? Otherwise I am out of ideas.

Anyone know?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

backing plates could be touching the rotor at one spot and only hitting when rotating.