Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch buyin help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 01:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch buyin help

Hi all,
I am looking about getting a new clutch on my 2000 Trans am, and have been looking at getting either a Ls7 with a Ls2 flywheel or a Monster stage 3 set-up. I put down 342hp and 358tq on a mustang dyno and thing either clutch will do the job. Cost isnt the biggest thing, i just want the better choice. rather do it once then twice. i looked on ws6store and noticed they had the monster in 2 types, one was a chromoly package and the reg version and they also had a monster 3 and 3.5 . I looked on monster and could not find a 3.5 or a chromoly package. And idea what this is. I am aware that there is a premium package that has the slave cyl. Also which flywheel should i choose if i get the monster. any incite would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Old 02-07-2010, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the "chromoly" youre referring to is the lighter flywheel. the ".5" clutches were a solid disk as opposed to a puck type, they gaurenteed no chatter with those, and im pretty sure they are discontinued. Some distributers might still have some leftover stock. I have the light flywheel monster III and I wouldn't have it any other way. Look into getting a tick adjustable master cylinder, it makes shifting and pedal feel out of this world. You wont be disapointed with the monster.