Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local flush or send converter back to Yank??

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Local flush or send converter back to Yank??

I recently demoed my second tranny. This time I actually blew up some stuff and had metal all in it which probablly got in my TT3000 as well. Should I send the converter back to Yank to have them cut it open an do a thurough inspection before putting it back in? Or should I just have it flushed locally? It is going to cost me ~$200 to send it back(150 for service + 56 in shipping) which I really dont have. I havent found a place locally to flush it yet so I dont know how much that will cost. I have only had the converter since April so I was hoping I could have it covered under warranty but I guess not. Any opinions/experiances would be greatly appriciated.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:56 PM
10 Second Club

I sent mine down to yank a while back and he checked the fluid and he said that a cut open wasn't necessary as the fluid looked good. If it were me, I would pay the money and have yank get it fixed up.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would ONLY send my Yank back to Yank for flushing/inspection. The last thing I would want is a local tranny shop digging in to my $900 converter. Over the past few years I have sent mine back to Mike a few times after destroying my trannys. They have always provided a quick turnaround on them.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yank. That's like saying "do I take my car to the dealer or go to Pep Boys"?

Mike knows what to look for and how to inspect his products. There isn't even a question in my mind on that one. You can pay a local shop to do it, and if something isn't right with the converter, either A: they will find it, and you will be out that money PLUS the money to Yank to fix it, or B: they will not find a problem with it, put the converter back in the car, and destroy your brand new trans. Oh, and you'll STILL have to send it back to Yank for service.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Yank!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2003, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Kenny I'm sad to hear you even had a second thought!
Old 12-24-2003, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Sending it back to Yank was my intention all along. It was just that money is a big factor right now. I just didn't know if anyone had good luck just getting the fluid flushed. I wouldnt even think about, much less allow anyone around here cut it open. Looks like I will be giving Mike a call next week.

Quick Reply: Local flush or send converter back to Yank??