Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't generally like loud exhausts but just installed a GMMG

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Don't generally like loud exhausts but just installed a GMMG

I generally don't like obnoxiously loud exhausts, but had to try the GMMG catback due to all the hype about it. Bought it used from a member here and it already had an 18" dynomax bullet in the I pipe. I have mac headers with Magnaflow hi flow cats and a modified merge on the y pipe. I really like this exhaust. The only part I don't like is under part throttle at about 2300-2800 rpms it has the typical drone, but everyone of the exhausts I've had on the car with headers has this problem. The idle is killer deep sounding and really highlights my cam. WOT is fantastic with absolutely no rasp. Cruising there is no drone.If your cruising in the 2300-2800 range and get into the throttle a bit it will drone but keeping it at a steady rpm there's no drone. I really thought it would be too loud for me but it's not. I'm sure the cats and bullet are keeping it more civil but keep in mind that I used to have a VERY quiet SLP dual/dual so for me to say the GMMG is not too loud is a surprise even to me. (before anyone asks, I'm not selling the dual/dual) If I could cure the part throttle drone this exhaust would be perfect IMO.