Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT Installation ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT Installation ?

Hey guys, I am in the middle of an installation, and for some reason the headers are loose I thightened the bolts down to the torque specifications according to ls1howto.com, and they are still loose. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

The Headers are Pacesetter LTs.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00_SS_Camaro
Hey guys, I am in the middle of an installation, and for some reason the headers are loose I thightened the bolts down to the torque specifications according to ls1howto.com, and they are still loose. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

The Headers are Pacesetter LTs.
That sucks. Sounds like you either cross thread the bolts? Or the welds broke from the flange?
Old 02-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry for this damn thread it should have been in the newb section lol. I forgot to put on the washers that came with the headers lol man I feel like a total newb lol. Sorry guys.

Thanks bene for the quick reply man!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't need to use the bolts that came with the headers. You can simply reuse the bolts from the factory manifolds and torque them to spec.

There was another member on this site that had the same issue and the problem ended up being the bolts Pacesetter had sent along with the headers were too long. He didn't realize this until he had tightened them past the torque spec (in an attempt to eliminate the terrible exhaust leak he was experiencing) and ended up twisting off at least one of them. (I believe it was The BlueKnight.)

Anyways, as I stated, the simpliest solution is to reuse the factory bolts. Hope this helps. Good luck, man.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mumbles
You don't need to use the bolts that came with the headers. You can simply reuse the bolts from the factory manifolds and torque them to spec.

There was another member on this site that had the same issue and the problem ended up being the bolts Pacesetter had sent along with the headers were too long. He didn't realize this until he had tightened them past the torque spec (in an attempt to eliminate the terrible exhaust leak he was experiencing) and ended up twisting off at least one of them. (I believe it was The BlueKnight.)

Anyways, as I stated, the simpliest solution is to reuse the factory bolts. Hope this helps. Good luck, man.
yes i remember this too... that sucks pacesetter hasn't fixed that issue yet, maybe someone should contact them about it... just reuse your stock header bolts, there really is no reason to not reuse them unless they are all rusted to hell or broken
Old 02-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

I reused my stock ones and they worked just as good and i had no header leaks at all.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:06 AM
10 Second Club

I wish I would have seen this before installing my pacesetters. I think I have an exhaust leak from my driverside header. I don't have the stock bolts anymore. It was about a week ago we put the headers in. Can I buy some OEM bolts and change them out 1 at a time or would that mess up the gasket or anything?