Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help getting...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help getting...

...some baked in dirt off my front bumper. When I bought the car(used) it had this dirt/bug guts in the front bumper. I just figured I could clay bar it to get it off, well that didn't work! Any ideas how to get the dirt that is embedded in my paint off!! It pisses me off seeing it everytime I wash it!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Need help getting...

Well if the clay bar didn't work I'm not sure if this will but have you tried Turtles Bug & Tar Remover, if you have a polishing wheel ( or know someone that does ) you could try 3M Finesse it II Finishing Material to see if that will do the job.

Al
Old 09-13-2002, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Repaint.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:17 AM
Staging Lane

ok this is going to kill you WD-40 works for me but try it 1st in a hidden spot for discoloring
Old 09-15-2002, 06:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by NUTBUTER:
<strong>ok this is going to kill you WD-40 works for me but try it 1st in a hidden spot for discoloring </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is true for a lot of stuff. It depends what your crud is - tree sap, dried bugs, cement, etc. If it is dried hard, try scraping it very carefullly, then try wd40, paint thinner, alcohol, etc. to see it they will cut into it. You may have to scrape, clean, clay several times but you should be able to tackle it.

<small>[ September 15, 2002, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: DaddySS ]</small>
Old 09-17-2002, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

I would try all of that first, and if nothing else works you should try wetsanding anf buffing it (get it professionally done if you dont know what your doing) And if that doesnt work, which it should, then repaint