Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Quick Time bellhousing install directions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Quick Time bellhousing install directions?

Does the bell housing normally come with instructions, or do they assume it should be straightforward? I didn't get any paperwork with mine and no surprise, I'm unsure of how to proceed. It came with bronzed bolts with washers and nuts, and black bolts. So which go where? And I also can't figure out how the motor plate and bellhousing bolt up - does the plate get bolted to the motor first and then the bellhousing? Or do the bolts go through the bellhousing and plate, into the stock holes in the block? Obviously I realize the plate has to go on before the clutch assembly.

Any help is much appreciated...I know I must be missing something, it can't be that hard!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never installed one but i'm sure the motor plate gets installed than the flywheel,clutch,and bellhousing.I'm sure someone will chime in though.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah that's what I figured. There were a few pics of an install on a GTO that looks like the black bolts thread through the bellhousing and the plate into the block. Can't figure out what to do with the bronze ones though.